Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to over 30% of the Fortune 100 with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.3 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
As a Sales Coach, you will be responsible for the training and development of our Enterprise and Marketplace Account Managers. You will ensure that our AM new hires successfully ramp up and are prepared to meet quota, KPIs and leading indicators. The Sales Coach will also help create a dynamic learning environment and enable AM teams to be successful and productive on an ongoing basis. The Sales Coach will make recommendations and conduct training based upon organizational needs and will have the opportunity to build upon our Enterprise culture, mission, vision and values. This is a critical role for the future success of the Upwork sales organization.
- Work directly with our Account Management teams to provide sales coaching & skill building
- Conduct chairside call shadowing and provide timely feedback based on competencies
- Solicit feedback from sales leadership & managers to build specific and effective training
- Coach and train regularly on Sales Methodology, MEDDPICC Methodology & Account Planning
- Work with sales leadership to craft effective materials and formalize roleplaying for AM coaching and development (scripts, objection handling, positioning)
- Partner with adjacent functions (Ops, Success, Marketing) to ensure alignment, consistency and successful execution of related initiatives
- Meet regularly with internal stakeholders to assess performance, and align on KPIs and leading indicators
- Partner with other AE & BDR Coaches to unify efforts across full customer lifecycle
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Previous Sales Coach or training experience- proven success in previous coaching role
- Previous selling experience - proven success within an AM role
- Desire to take Initiative, Thrive on change and comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to think outside the box
- Creative and able to brainstorm on new projects and program ideas
- Positive, enthusiastic and seeks to make an impact within a mission driven organization
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 19 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. And oh yeah, we've also got amazing benefits - including medical insurance for you and your family, unlimited PTO, 401(k) with matching, 12 weeks of paid parental leave, and a generous Employee Stock Purchase Plan. Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about our benefits and the employee experience.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
To learn more about how Upwork processes and protects your personal information as part of the application process, please review our Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice