Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to over 30% of the Fortune 100 with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.3 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
Upwork is looking for an experienced quantitative researcher to lead research that supports its strategic efforts.
As Sr. UX Researcher (Quantitative), you will conduct research to inform strategic business and design decisions to ensure a high quality experience for all users. Your work is expected to inform several initiatives, from funnel optimization to emerging business!
You will be partnering with cross-functional teams of Product Managers, Designers, Engineers, Economists, Analysts, and Pricing Strategists. You will build a strong understanding of the value our products deliver for our users and develop insights that bridge the gap between attitudinal and behavioral data.
- Build a strong understanding of the value our products deliver for our customers.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to proactively identify, prioritize, plan and execute high-impact studies to inform strategic business and design decisions.
- Inform and evaluate the user experience of key touchpoints in the customer journey.
- Conduct market and competitive research to understand how to meet prospective customer needs.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports, in-person presentations, and facilitation of co-synthesis and design thinking workshops.
- Develop and maintain a sustainable approach to gathering insights on a regular basis.
- Hire and manage freelance researchers if deemed needed.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 5+ years of demonstrable experience in quantitative research, market research, and/or product user experience (UX) research, including surveys and data analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of probability and statistics, aptitude to identify patterns and trends in data sets, and deftness to formulate testable hypotheses.
- Experience with quantitative usability testing, web analytics, experiment design and A/B testing.
- Experience guiding teams toward focusing on the most important research questions to answer, and creating mixed-method research plans for answering them.
- Experience producing rich insights by bridging behavioral and attitudinal data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excitement to proactively work with functions across the company.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 19 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.