Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to over 30% of the Fortune 100 with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.3 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
The Payments team at Upwork leads over $3 billion in pay-ins and payouts per year in 180 countries. Upwork is looking for an experienced and strategic Senior Product Manager to craft, shape, and drive product capabilities for our Payments platform. We believe that the end customer experience is a derivative of platform capabilities. Developing a platform to support multiple geographies carries with it many challenges. The ideal candidate will have previously developed global product strategies that enable and drive innovation and go-to-market efficiency. They will work closely with cross functional partners, other product and engineering leads, and lead a team of product managers to identify and build Payments capabilities.
- Define product requirements for Payments Platform, working closely with functional partners and engineering leads. Set the product prioritization with a balance of near-term deliverables and longer-term investment in technology platforms
- As the product owner, author product requirements and execute on roadmap with clear milestones. Owns product commitments and outcomes to the business
- Effectively communicate strategies & trade-offs up to senior leaders and down to development team
- Translate marketplace requirements into generic payments and risk platform capabilities that are extensible to multiple payment processors, payment types and models
- Synthesize market changes and technology improvements into concrete improvements for the platform
- Partner closely with Product, Product Marketing, and Customer Experience leaders to build an intuitive customer experience that enables both self-service and access to human assistance. Identify customer problems and collaborate to build innovative solutions that use the best combination of product and programs
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Five to Seven years of strong product management experience with at least four years in payments, risk management and/or marketplace platform projects
- Subject matter expertise in technologies and different payment integrations required to bring payments solutions to market, at scale and globally
- Drive and willingness to go above and beyond with a strong work ethic
- Balances technical and commercial savvy; able to communicate what is possible and what will have the biggest impact on the business
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to effectively influence a wide range of collaborators all across the organization
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also hire full-time employees in 19 states in the United States.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Careers page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.