In early 2022 Unispace acquired BioPharma Engineering (BPE) to further develop its passion to support the Life Sciences industry with market-leading design engineering, project management, and workplace/lab consultancy. At Unispace Life Sciences they are focused on engaging the most talented and passionate professionals who believe that everyone should work in an environment that inspires productivity, peak performance, and delivers wellbeing. Across their 50+ global studios, they have a positive work environment that fosters open, collaborative, and supportive cultures populated by highly independent and motivated people. As one of the leading engineering design and project management firms in the industry, Unispace offers a full complement of services including strategy development, design, and construction of laboratories and workplaces focused on Life Sciences.
BPE is delighted to be recruiting for a global pharmaceutical company based in Cork, who are looking to add a Senior Project Engineer for our site-based roles.
This is an initial 12-month contract (hourly rate) available for a Senior Projects Engineer, we require an experienced professional from the pharmaceutical or life sciences sector.
The Projects Engineer will ensure the design and management of all projects executed are successfully achieved, Working in a highly regulated and cGMP environment within the pharmaceutical industry.
Managing and executing projects throughout the project life cycle from initiation to closeout.
- Manage design, procurement, construction, commissioning and qualification phases of the project.
- Manage the cross-functional client project team.
- Project Scheduling & Cost Control with regular reporting to key client stakeholders
- Manage project changes and ensure all are captured, documented and assessed.
- Ensure there is a strong safety culture and performance in the execution of capital projects.
- Project Validation execution.
- Degree in a relevant science / engineering discipline
- Experience in working in client-side Capital Projects execution role
- Experience in Client Electronic Change Management Systems & full end-to-end Project Life-cycle
- Experience in managing cross functional teams, delivering complex Manufacturing Facility projects, in a GMP Manufacturing Environment
- Understanding of Environmental, Health and Safety requirements of the Pharmaceutical industry
- Strong understanding of the principles of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Strong experience in GMP Utilities Systems Validation (experience in Purified Water Systems preferable)
- Understands the project management process; programming, scope development, design development, implementation, and project closeout.
- 5+ years of project management/engineering experience across the project life-cycle within a life-Science environment.