Unispace Life Sciences is one of the leading engineering design and project management firms in the industry. We deliver process and utility facility as well as laboratory and workspace design and construction projects for pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, advanced therapeutics, medical device, and other life sciences companies. Part of Unispace Group, our award-winning and multi-disciplinary engineering, design, and construction project teams design and build complex process-driven life sciences facilities, labs, and workplaces for the world’s top bio-pharma companies. We promote a culture of integrity, professional excellence, and teamwork that informs everything we do. If you're interested in joining our Centre of Excellence and working with top biopharma clients around the world, we'd love to hear from you.
We are seeking a proactive Lead Instrumentation Engineer to join our growing Unispace Life Sciences team. This role is based out of our Centre of Excellence, in Mahon, Cork. The successful candidate will have full autonomy to lead, grow and develop the role. Attractive remuneration package, supportive team and colleagues and a long term opportunity for career growth in the company’s expansion. This position will play a key role in the Company’s expansion and growth. They will report to the E&I Manager. This role will be involved in exciting projects within the pharmaceutical industry and requires an experienced individual with strong attention to detail.
- Develop I/O Lists and Instrument Indexes
- Develop schematics, drawings, work instructions/method statements in accordance with best practice
- Preparation of instrumentation specifications including Tender and Construction packages
- Develop Instrument data sheets and take responsibility of the complete and verification life cycle
- Liaise with sales engineers, project engineers, customers, suppliers and sub-contractors
- Complete on the ground surveys of sites as part of overall project
- Consult with clients, project team and contracts managers to develop a full understanding of technical requirements
- Participate in HAZOPs, ATEX, SIL assessments and Interlock reviews as required
- Familiar with GAMP5 lifecycle and 21CFR Part 11 Compliance
- Review and input into Process and Building Services P&ID drawings
- Ability to complete concept designs for new Control systems and develop strategies to suit customer requirements.
- System Architecture Development and Design
- Automation and Control Systems Scopes of Work
- Construction and Commissioning support on projects where required
- Third level degree in a relevant instrumentation Engineering discipline
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience at senior level, ideally in an organization involved in delivering I&C designs for the Bio-Pharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical and Life Science Sectors
- Experienced designing with bus technology - Fieldbus, Profibus, Devicenet, Ethernet IP, etc.
- Ability to read and understand Process and Building Services P&IDs and to develop packs for the associated
- Demonstrate an understanding of DCS/PCS, BMS and PLC systems
- Ability to deliver Automation and Systems Scopes of Works and contribute to or develop Functional Specifications (FS) and User Requirements Specifications (URS) for these
- Have the ability to work with Automation Contractors in developing solutions / systems
- Proactive, a good communicator with the ability to work well with others in a multifunctional team
- Ability to lead the I&C and supervise intermate, junior and graduate engineers
- Excellent level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Competitive salary
- Pension Fund
- Paid Holiday Leave
- Travel Opportunities – work out of any of our 48 offices globally
- Hybrid & Flexible working AND Half days on Friday
- Exposure to exciting and challenging design projects across the pharma industry
- Contribute individually to a wider team, this role offers ownership and leadership during a phase of growth
- The successful candidate will have an opportunity to gain excellent experience with the potential for personal growth and career advancement in a team oriented and supportive work environment.
- Sports and Social Club