In early 2022 Unispace acquired BioPharma Engineering (BPE) to further develop its passion to support the Life Sciences industry with market-leading design engineering, project management, and workplace/lab consultancy. At Unispace Life Sciences they are focused on engaging the most talented and passionate professionals who believe that everyone should work in an environment that inspires productivity, peak performance, and delivers wellbeing. Across their 50+ global studios, they have a positive work environment that fosters open, collaborative, and supportive cultures populated by highly independent and motivated people. As one of the leading engineering design and project management firms in the industry, Unispace offers a full complement of services including strategy development, design, and construction of laboratories and workplaces focused on Life Sciences.
Due to continued growth and expansion we are seeking to hire an experienced Building Services Design Manager to join our growing team. You will lead and mentor the Building Services and Projects teams supporting the successful delivery of national and global CAPEX projects for the Life Science industry. The successful candidate will have full autonomy to lead, grow and develop the role. This position offers an attractive remuneration package, a supportive team and colleagues and a long term opportunity for career growth in the company's expansion. This position will play a key role in the Company's expansion and growth.
You will work as part of the Building Services team in project delivery and will be responsible for the following activities:
- Leading and mentoring a team of 5-10 engineers.
- Working with other departments and project leads to conduct performance reviews and coordination of designs with all other disciplines.
- Ensuring department project deadlines are met and the quality of engineering within the department exceeds expectations.
- Co-ordination of all elements of Mechanical and Electrical services design with a specific focus on HVAC.
- Producing Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID's) for various ductwork and pipework systems.
- Preparation of Tender Documents and liaising with vendors and contractors.
- Attendance at Factory Acceptance and Site Acceptance Tests.
- Construction and commissioning support including dealing with contractor queries.
- You will be suitably qualified with a recognized third level degree in mechanical / building services engineering and with a proven track record of successful design delivery.
- You will have at least 8+ years of demonstrable design office experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical and life science sectors with a specific focus on HVAC.
- You will be energetic and dynamic with excellent people management, interpersonal and communication skills to operate within a project delivery environment.