In early 2022 Unispace acquired BioPharma Engineering (BPE) to further develop its passion to support the Life Sciences industry with market-leading design engineering, project management, and workplace/lab consultancy. At Unispace Life Sciences they are focused on engaging the most talented and passionate professionals who believe that everyone should work in an environment that inspires productivity, peak performance, and delivers wellbeing. Across their 50+ global studios, they have a positive work environment that fosters open, collaborative, and supportive cultures populated by highly independent and motivated people. As one of the leading engineering design and project management firms in the industry, Unispace offers a full complement of services including strategy development, design, and construction of laboratories and workplaces focused on Life Sciences.
BPE has an exciting new opportunity for an Electrical Supervisor to join our onsite Construction Management Team. This is for a €30-40M retrofit project on a live pharma manufacturing site in Kinsale, Cork. BPE has delivered on the design of the facility and will be supporting our client through the construction phase with our onsite delivery support. As a BPE site representative, you will have the support of our wider team and resources to ensure project success onsite. This is a 12-month contract, hourly rate, and opportunity to deliver to one of our key clients, BPE has additional opportunities on other projects post-contract. Your role will be to oversee the electrical installation in terms of time, cost & quality.
- Report to client/design team regarding progress, issues and problems that may rise during the construction phase.
- Provide resolutions for technical engineering problems that occur on-site, coordinate application of solutions.
- Relay any design changes proposed/required on-site to the design team for review.
- Review the performance of subcontractors to assure contract compliance, the application of accepted construction technology and standards, and the acceptable standardization of materials and supplies.
- Ensure that tests and inspections are performed, witnessed, and documented in accordance with approved procedures.
- Review and interpret electrical and mechanical design drawings and specifications to ensure current revision level and correct technical execution of the work.
- Provide schedule and progress appraisal report to the Project Manager.
- Monitor material procurement and deliveries to ensure timeliness in support of construction activities and schedules within the assigned discipline.
- Ensure that materials received meet specifications and established standards of quality.
- Electrical Engineer or Senior Trades qualification or equivalent
- Significant Project management experience 10 years+.
- A previous record of delivering small to medium electrical or mechanical pharmaceutical, DC, Life Sciences or Industrial projects
- Pre-commissioning & system turnover experience
- Commercial Awareness
- Excellent communicator/strong interpersonal skills/communicates with impact