In early 2022 Unispace acquired BioPharma Engineering (BPE) to further develop its passion to support the Life Sciences industry with market-leading design engineering, project management, and workplace/lab consultancy. At Unispace Life Sciences they are focused on engaging the most talented and passionate professionals who believe that everyone should work in an environment that inspires productivity, peak performance, and delivers wellbeing. Across their 50+ global studios, they have a positive work environment that fosters open, collaborative, and supportive cultures populated by highly independent and motivated people. As one of the leading engineering design and project management firms in the industry, Unispace offers a full complement of services including strategy development, design, and construction of laboratories and workplaces focused on Life Sciences.
We are seeking a proactive Quantity Surveyor to join our growing Unispace Life Sciences team. This role is based out of our Cork office.
The successful candidate will have full autonomy to grow and develop the role, with support from senior staff.. Attractive remuneration package, supportive team and colleagues and a long term opportunity for career growth in the company’s expansion. This position will play a key role in the Company’s expansion and growth. They will report to the Head of Project Controls.
- Preparing of cost estimates throughout the various stages of the design and pretender
- Preparing budget estimates and cost / value reconciliation reports accurately
- Assist in establishing client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies of design options and additional items
- Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks
- Contract administration of various forms of Works Contracts
- Interim Valuations
- Preparation and Agreement of Final Accounts
- Cost reporting
- Variation monitoring
- Preparation and analysing tender costings
- Attend site / client / design meetings
- Liaising with site management team
- Liaising with various design disciplines to achieve deliverables
- 1BSc Level 8 Degree in Quantity Surveying experience working for a consultancy practice.
- 3-5 + years’ experience in general project planning and control experience
- Ideally will be a Chartered Quantity Surveyor with RCSI or equivalent professional body or working towards same in the coming year.
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel and Word
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills Attention to Detail including good presentation skills
- Experience of MS Project or Primivera is desirable
- Competitive salary
- Pension Fund
- Paid Holiday Leave
- Travel Opportunities – work out of any of our 48 offices globally
- Hybrid & Flexible working AND Half days on Friday
- Exposure to exciting and challenging design projects across the pharma industry
- Contribute individually to a wider team, this role offers ownership and leadership during a phase of growth
- The successful candidate will have an opportunity to gain excellent experience with the potential for personal growth and career advancement in a team oriented and supportive work environment.
- Sports and Social Club