In early 2022 Unispace acquired BioPharma Engineering (BPE) to further develop its passion to support the Life Sciences industry with market-leading design engineering, project management, and workplace/lab consultancy. At Unispace Life Sciences they are focused on engaging the most talented and passionate professionals who believe that everyone should work in an environment that inspires productivity, peak performance, and delivers wellbeing. Across their 50+ global studios, they have a positive work environment that fosters open, collaborative, and supportive cultures populated by highly independent and motivated people. As one of the leading engineering design and project management firms in the industry, Unispace offers a full complement of services including strategy development, design, and construction of laboratories and workplaces focused on Life Sciences.
BPE is delighted to be recruiting for a global-pharmaceutical company based in South Dublin. The Senior Project Engineer will work on the development of a new vial filling line by supporting the Operational Readiness Programme.
This is an initial 12 month contract (hourly rate) available for a Senior Project Engineer, ideally with exposure to Automation/MES functions within a busy CapEx environment. Priority will be given to candidates with prior filling experience. The ability to work independently, identify risks and lead and influence stakeholders is also key to success.
- Arrange agreement among the project team, customers, and management on the goals of the project
- Work with workstream leads to develop and maintain the Project schedule/plan that aligns with the overall goals of the programme.
- Effectively communicate with everyone involved in the project
- Have a controlled scope in place, that is understood by all stakeholders and maintained throughout completion of the project
- Execute prudent risk and issue management.
- Maintains Actions/Risk and Decision logs
- Generates and owns the GMP change control.
- Motivate, support and direct project team members to deliver on project plan.
- Leads Team meetings and cross functional collaboration
- Works with resource managers from across the organization to effectively obtain and allocate resources to complete programs and projects on time
- Ensures compliance with all cGMP and site standards and regulations.
- Degree in Electrical or Automation Engineering
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Life Sciences
- Prior experience with Project Engineering/Management, Asceptic Filling Line Operations, MES/EMBR and Green or Brownfield start up experience is strongly preferred
- Experience in a project engineering and management role in a pharmaceutical or biotech manufacturing facility engaging with site SMEs and managers along with global functions.
- The ability to influence and lead cross functional teams to deliver their projects that ensure a smooth start-up of the new vial filling line.
- The ability to work independently and identify risks and mitigation pathways to ensure project delivery
- A passion for continuous improvement applied to project management.