In early 2022 Unispace acquired BioPharma Engineering (BPE) to further develop its passion to support the Life Sciences industry with market-leading design engineering, project management, and workplace/lab consultancy. At Unispace Life Sciences they are focused on engaging the most talented and passionate professionals who believe that everyone should work in an environment that inspires productivity, peak performance, and delivers wellbeing. Across their 50+ global studios, they have a positive work environment that fosters open, collaborative, and supportive cultures populated by highly independent and motivated people. As one of the leading engineering design and project management firms in the industry, Unispace offers a full complement of services including strategy development, design, and construction of laboratories and workplaces focused on Life Sciences.
BPE has an exciting new opportunity for a EHS Manager for a Pharmaceutical client site based in Cork. This is an initial 12 month contract, hourly rate and a fantastic opportunity to take part in excellent ongoing projects on-site.
The main responsibility of the EHS Manager is to manage the safety of the various Projects on site, which will include daily/weekly/monthly audits. The candidate should have significant previous experience of managing Construction Safety, preferably in the Pharmaceutical / Bio-Pharmaceutical industries. The candidate will be working as part of the onsite projects group delivering multiple discipline projects.
- To manage the Site Projects Group Safety Programme in accordance with standards such as ISO14001.
- To act as the Health & Safety Coordinator/Supervisor for the Contracting companies' Safety Officers on site.
- Complete Daily/Weekly/Monthly audits of SPA’s and General Contractor Documentation.
- Representing the client as Project Supervisor Construction Stage (PSCS).
- Managing all aspects of site’s compliance in line with regulations.
- Participating in accident/incident investigations and follow up reporting etc.
- Reviewing Contractor risk assessments and Method Statements prior to Construction
- Assisting with On Line Contractor Safety Qualification process.
- A recognized Safety Qualification along with 8+ plus years’ experience in Pharma / Construction environments
- Candidate must have proficiency in windows based environment and software (Word, PowerPoint, project, advanced excel and access)
- Good communication skills essential.