In early 2022 Unispace acquired BioPharma Engineering (BPE) to further develop its passion to support the Life Sciences industry with market-leading design engineering, project management, and workplace/lab consultancy. At Unispace Life Sciences they are focused on engaging the most talented and passionate professionals who believe that everyone should work in an environment that inspires productivity, peak performance, and delivers wellbeing. Across their 50+ global studios, they have a positive work environment that fosters open, collaborative, and supportive cultures populated by highly independent and motivated people. As one of the leading engineering design and project management firms in the industry, Unispace offers a full complement of services including strategy development, design, and construction of laboratories and workplaces focused on Life Sciences.
BioPharma Engineering are delighted to support the recruitment of a Commissioning Engineer to join our clients site in Galway, on an hourly rate contract.
Responsible for the execution of commissioning activities for a fill line including Autoclave, HVAC, and High Purity systems. Position will involve liaising with construction management team, discipline leads, qualification team, user team and vendors through to final handover to the user.
Deliver the commissioning requirements of the Project to support start up activities within schedule.
- Reporting directly to Project Manager.
- Ensures that all Safety procedures are followed and adhered to.
- Manage lock-out tag-out for systems.
- Perform safety risk assessments for commissioning activities.
- Responsible for permitting and controlling of all work on the systems.
- Assists in schedule development and identifies schedule conflicts and resource limitations.
- Adhere and monitor the schedule and timeframes milestones within the schedule
- Ensures project masters updated i.e., P&ID’s
- Liaising with Construction on design and construction issues
- Executing construction walk-downs and punch-listing of these systems
- Ensure that quality standards are followed
- Witnessing and approving construction/pre-commissioning activities such as pressure testing, flushing/blowing and reinstatement.
- Reviewing construction turnover documentation.
- Manage trade labor support for commissioning execution.
- Supervision / co-ordination of a team of Piping/Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation technicians in the commissioning of systems.
- Commissioning documentation development. (PM’s, Cals and system contracts)
- Manage and close out deficiencies during static and dynamic commissioning.
- Performance testing and system start-ups.
- Functional testing using BMS software including alarms and interlocks.
- Participate in pre-startup safety walk-downs.
- Liaising with equipment vendors for installation, SAT and commissioning activities.
- Liaise with user team to plan commissioning activities and smooth handover of systems.
- Liaise with calibration vendor for calibration activities and develop calibration plan.
- Develop site procedures to support system start up and handover to site.
- Liaise with HVAC and Puretech, WFI vendors.
- Project Management of the Site Capital Project including management of project scope, schedule, and budget.
- Manage project utility and equipment installation, commissioning, and qualification.
- Management of the design Team and Project Contractors
- BSc/MSc or BEng/MEng in Engineering or related discipline.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Commissioning Engineer for some / all the following equipment Bausch & Strobel, Getinge, HVAC and High Purity water systems.
- Must have a good knowledge of working within a cGMP regulated environment
- Excellent Interpersonal / Communication skills
- Conflict management / Negotiation.
- Structured decision making.
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, MS Project).
- Report preparation & presentation.
- Ability to manage projects and multiple activities simultaneously.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skill.
- Ability to build effective working relationships