Working hours: Fulltime (32h-40h)
Location: R&D Geldermalsen, the Netherlands. You live and are eligible to work in the Netherlands.
Ultimaker’s mission is to accelerate the world's transition to local manufacturing and digital distribution. We're investing to accelerate our momentum and we're looking to grow our team and expand and create a lasting footprint in the 3d Printing market. If you constantly strive for excellence, are passionate about innovation, and want to work with a collaborative, energetic team - then Ultimaker is for you.
We take growth very seriously and as technology gets more and more integrated into the workflow and demand for speedy quality service and products increases, the role of Verification and Validation Lead is the key to our success.
WHAT PART WILL YOU PLAY IN CHANGING THE WORLD?
The verification and validation department plays a crucial role in the development process of our 3D printers and software. Their activities have significant impact on our product development and on the quality perception of our customers. The department is part of Ultimaker’s R&D division and consists of dedicated validation engineers and technicians. As the V&V Lead you will be reporting directly to the Department Manager Verification and Validation.
You will lead verification and validation activities on a project level in order to form an independent view on the quality of the product. Throughout the product development process, you validate and verify the product from the customer’s perspective, with the committed functionality as a reference. You monitor, analyse and report on both product quality as well as quality process in your project.
A typical day will consist of a morning stand-up, where you touch base with your project team and discuss everyone’s tasks and whether anyone needs help. After the stand-up you might dive into the recent results of system tests or dedicate some time with your peers from other projects to jointly develop new quality methods and tools. You will read the newly distributed customer interview results to update your understanding of our customers views and discuss with peers the outcome of previous tests and use that to take position on the quality of the actual release. Creating and updating a test strategy, system testing of internal increments and release candidates, participation in the risk assessments, DFMA, design reviews, field data analysis, etc. are critical building blocks of our quality process and you will be fully involved in all stages.
WHAT DOES YOUR SUCCESS LOOK LIKE
You will be working with talented colleagues to create the best products; we set the bar high and we need you to help us get there. You work closely and effectively with your multidisciplinary peers to create awesome products. Our teams are extremely enthusiastic and motivated, so you’ll need to fit seamlessly into that working environment. It is your responsibility to critically assess the quality status and take an independent position to inform your stakeholders in a timely manner.
WHAT DO YOU BRING
- Education: Technical University Master’s degree Mechanics, Industrial Design, Physics, Computer Science, Data Sciences, Mechatronics, Informatics, or equivalent
- Experience with verification and validation in a multi-disciplinary environment, for example:
- QFD, FMEA, Design reviews, DFx
- You show “quality first” attitude and can take an independent position based on a customer perspective
- You adapt quickly and you are able to deal well with unexpected work situations
- You have experience of working in agile teams and are always keen to suggest and implement improvements.
- You are a proactive, passionate, process oriented team player with hands-on mentality
- You can zoom out to work under pressure
- You have excellent communication skills in English.
DEFINITELY A PLUS
- Three years or more relevant working experience at product development working with and leading technical team members from different backgrounds
- Experience with DFR, DOE, 6σ, ISTQB, test automation
- Experience with working in SCRUM teams
- Experience with 3D printing (FDM)
- Having the potential to grow after some years to another leading role within the organization.
- Dutch language skills.
THE BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US
- A competitive salary in line with your experience
- Ultimaker makes contributions to your pension
- We pay for your daily commute based on public transport
- 27 days of paid leave per year
- Use of an Ultimaker 3D printer
- An open, family atmosphere, and fun work environment
- Work in a young and energetic team
- Lunch with healthy sandwiches, salads, and a daily special
- A convenient location within walking distance of public transport
- Room to expand your knowledge by following courses and going to meetups
- Regular get togethers with drinks, food, raffles, and fun!
MORE DETAIL ABOUT ULTIMAKER
Ultimaker has been in operation since 2011, and over the years has grown to become a market leader, creating powerful, professional, and accessible desktop 3D printers. With offices in the Netherlands, New York, Boston, and Singapore, plus production facilities in both Europe and the US, Ultimaker’s team of more than 400 employees continually strives to accelerate the world’s transition to local digital manufacturing by offering the highest-quality 3D printers, software, and materials on the market.
We offer you the chance to become a part of a young, fast-growing, technically advanced company. We are focused on further developing the Ultimaker, developing the world of 3D printing, and further expanding the skills of our people.
We are ordinary people with extraordinary plans. Creating high-quality products is our driver. Our passion and creativity help us to make the unbelievable believable. Together we make one hell of a team.
Interested in working at this young, fast-growing, technically advanced company? Please contact us by sending your motivation letter and résumé (in English) or by phone.
Only candidates eligible to work in the EU will be considered for the position. Unfortunately, given the high volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, these professionals (not entitled to work in the Netherlands) will not be given a status update.
Agency calls will not be appreciated.