Working hours: Fulltime (36h-40h)
At Ultimaker we want to enable the transition to digital distributed manufacturing. We enable our customers to print the parts they need when and where they need them. We are looking for an enthusiastic manager with experience in verification and validation of products in a multi-disciplinary environment, who can support the further development of our verification and validation department in R&D, creating even better products. We are particularly interested in candidates who have experience with verification & validation of complex products in which hardware and software components are combined.
Are you up for the challenge and do you strive for excellence? If yes, then keep reading.
What will you be doing?
- Contribute to executing our product development roadmap to deliver products with the right quality level in a predictable way. You do this by giving the people in your department challenging assignments that fit with their expertise. In this way you further develop the skills and competencies of the people in your department.
- Actively participate in the R&D management team, representing the R&D verification & validation department.
- Report in R&D management team an independent view on the product quality.
- Contribute to the R&D strategy and to the further development of the R&D department at Ultimaker (e.g. through the development of your own department).
- Support the team in making tough release advices with both the value for the user and the product development schedule in mind.
- Encourage the team to work on continuous improvements in standardized processes and efforts to automate some of these procedures.
- Create the optimal circumstances in which the people in the validation & verification department can grow and develop as a professional.
- Assist with compliance-, crashteams- and audit activities.
What will your team look like?
- A young, international and passionate team with a diverse set of skills.
- Members are not only part of your team but also of the dedicated development teams to exchange best practices and be on top of the latest developments.
- Experienced 3D printing operators who think quick on their feet and have a lot of experience in maintaining test configurations to ensure reliable results.
Do you fit this profile?
- Experience with product development in a multidisciplinary setting.
- Technical University Master’s degree related to high tech or equivalent.
- Experience with validation & verification at system level in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Affinity with technology in general and 3D printing in particular
- Hands on and pragmatic attitude.
- Comfortable in a fast paced and quickly changing work environment.
- Understands quality as an ecosystem and a seamless experience, not just applied to isolated products.
- Experience with Quality and Troubleshooting techniques.
- Design for quality
- Quality function deployment
- Honest and transparent.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
Definitely a plus
- Experience with setting up and managing automated tests (also at integration level).
- Experience with Scrum and Agile practices.
- Experience with Design for Reliability.
- Experience with 3D printing.
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch.
- You prefer efficient communication over detailed documentation.
The benefits of working with us
- A competitive salary in line with your experience.
- Ultimaker makes contributions to your pension.
- We pay for your daily commute based on public transport.
- 27 days of paid leave per year.
- Use of an Ultimaker 3D printer.
- An open, family atmosphere, and a fun work environment.
- Work in a young and energetic team.
- Lunch with healthy sandwiches, salads and a daily special.
- A convenient location within walking distance of public transport and near the highway.
- Room to expand your knowledge by following courses and going to meetups.
More detail about Ultimaker
Ultimaker has been in operation since 2011, and over the years has grown to become a market leader, creating powerful, professional, and accessible desktop 3D printers. With offices in the Netherlands, Boston, and Singapore, plus production facilities in Europe and the US, Ultimaker’s team of more than 400 employees continually strives to accelerate the world’s transition to local digital manufacturing by offering the highest-quality 3D printers, software, and materials on the market.
We offer you the chance to become a part of a young, fast-growing, technically advanced company. We are focused on further developing the Ultimaker, developing the world of 3D printing, and further expanding the skills of our people.
We are ordinary people with extraordinary plans. Creating high-quality products is our driver. Our passion and creativity help us to make the unbelievable believable. Together, we make one hell of a team.
Interested in working with our awesome team? Please apply below by submitting your CV and an inspirational cover letter (outlining how you meet the profile requirements) in English.
Agency calls will not be appreciated.
Please note that Ultimaker can only consider candidates who have an EU passport or valid work permit for the Netherlands.