Location: Zaltbommel (partly remote option is available)
Working hours: 32-40 hours per week.
The main purpose of the Supply Chain and Manufacturing department is to strengthen the Ultimaker competitive advantage by continually improving supply chain reliability, quality and cost efficiency. To do so, the team strives to define and deliver against agreed and measurable key performance indicators to achieve both internal and external expectations.
The main guiding policy, or purpose, of the planning department is to use the S&OP process to optimize supply chain decision making. Furthermore, you champion the introduction of smart metrics to drive actions that enhance both strategic maturity and D365 data integrity.
What will you be doing?
The purpose of the function is to plan (6 months in advance) availability of materials and parts with the aim of making efficient production progress possible and at the right time to the desired service and inventory level against the right quality and minimum costs. In addition, the Supply Chain Specialist must contribute to optimize the supply chain with the aim of enabling further growth.
The Supply Chain Analyst is responsible for balancing inventory and costs to achieve agreed service levels for customers. This includes limiting obsolescence risks, supporting launches of new products and working closely with all stakeholders at Operations, Quality, Distribution/Logistics, Manufacturing, Sales, and Finance to maximize opportunities and limit risks in achieving targets.
Activities and tasks:
- Operational specialistic tasks, such as:
- Proactively balance demand with supply; ensure demand increase/decrease trends are understood and communicate to right stakeholders.
- Analyze and plan the availability of materials at all production sites taking into account sales and production expectations and material delivery schedules;
- Enable the purchasing department to place, approve, call off and deliver orders on time;
- Map potential inventory risks, both internal and external, within the Supply Chain; In a timely manner analyse these risks and bring them to the attention without stressing the communication between departments.
- Manage material revision changes (in collaboration with BoM coordinator and production planner
- Enthusiastically own and manage monthly recurring cycle and tasks.
- Apply theoretical knowledge with regard to problem solving;
- Propose improvements, based on analyses and scenario calculations, to minimise risks and to enable growth and optimisation of the Supply Chain;
- Spearhead supply chain planning and analyze process improvement initiatives.
- ·Continuous improvement and development:
- Makes proposals for improvement and elaborates and implements them.
- Participate in structural system and network development projects.
- Schedule focus time few hours per week to brainstorm ideas, develop internal relations, plan ahead.
- Identify opportunities and threats within frameworks and policies where problems and situations are of a specialist nature.
- Other projects as needed to support Supply Chain & Manufacturing department.
What is your place in the organization?
The Supply Chain Specialist reports to the Manager Planning. The Supply Chain Specialist is part of the Planning team. The Planning team is part of the Supply Chain & Manufacturing department.
Do you fit this profile?
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Supply Chain Management or 5 years successful experience in Demand & Supply with strong background knowledge;
- Knowledge of demand planning, inventory management, supply planning, master data management and logistics processes;
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with planning processes ERP systems and MRP processes;
- Experience with D365 is a plus;
- Knowledge of and/or experience with Lean Six Sigma (Green Belt);·
- Able to focus on short term issues while not losing sight of the long-term Supply Chain requirements;
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Able to communicate with different people, departments and layers within the organization;
- Key competencies: planning and organizing; analytical and solution oriented; customer and service-oriented; open to change; ability to adapt;·
Ultimaker has been in operation since 2011, and over the years has grown to become a market leader, creating powerful, professional, and accessible desktop 3D printers. With offices in the Netherlands, Boston, and Singapore, plus production facilities in Europe and the US, Ultimaker’s team of more than 400 employees continually strives to accelerate the world’s transition to local digital manufacturing by offering the highest-quality 3D printers, software, and materials on the market.
We offer you the chance to become a part of a young, fast-growing, technically advanced company. We are focused on further developing the Ultimaker, developing the world of 3D printing, and further expanding the skills of our people.
We are ordinary people with extraordinary plans. Creating high-quality products is our driver. Our passion and creativity help us to make the unbelievable believable. Together, we make one hell of a team.
Please submit you CV and cover letter below.