Working hours: Fulltime (32h-40h)
Location: Geldermalsen (75%), and Utrecht (25%), the Netherlands
Do you want to help building out the Ultimaker ecosystem consisting of 3D printers and software to support the full 3D Printing workflow?
We’re looking for a talented DevOps engineer to own the CI&CD of Ultimaker Cura, one of the leading open source 3D print slicing applications. Our new team member should have a strong technical background in computer engineering or applied computer science. Are you up for the challenge? Then, keep reading.
What product will you be working on?
As a Engineer, you will be working on Ultimaker Cura which is a standard for both hobbyists and professional 3D printing engineers and is becoming an industry standard for Fortune 500 companies. Every week millions of 3D prints are prepared with Ultimaker Cura, not only for our premium desktop printers but for many other brands as well. Both professional and hobby developers are using the Ultimaker Marketplace to publish their plugins and services to enhance the use of Cura. As Ultimaker we maintain the open-source Cura repository on GitHub and we deliver builds for every major desktop OS (Linux, MacOs and Windows)
What will you be doing?
The Cura team is an extremely enthusiastic and motivated team, so you’ll need to fit seamlessly into that working environment. It is your first responsibility helping the team to solve their DevOps (Build) challenges and help professionalize our CI/CD but you will also write excellent code, conduct unit tests, and help to refine user stories. With creative solutions, you’ll deliver a contribution to the solutions we implement in our products and to the way we deliver those.
This means you will:
- Own and professionalize the CI/CD of the Cura team.
- Set up and maintain build servers to deliver Ultimaker Cura on Windows, Linux and MacOS.
- Work on the newest features of the Ultimaker software with your scrum team
- Improve the quality standard of Ultimaker and help to apply this to existing products
- Coach and provide feedback to your fellow developers
- Help to set up and manage automated tests
What will your team look like?
- You will be working with talented software developers, software testers, UX designers, and product owners. Together, you will create the best software products and you help us to improve! We set the bar high and we want you to help us get there.
Do you fit this profile?
- Bachelor’s degree in computing, computer science, engineering, mathematics, or similar educational background but you are also welcome with a comparable working experience
- Experience in a similar devops (build) position
- You master CI/CD, preferably for a desktop application running on multiple platforms
- Experience with Git, Jira, Confluence
- Working experience with Python and/or C++
- Experience and passion for working agile
- A productive attitude that works toward solutions
- A strong, social team player with experience working with technical teams and colleagues from different backgrounds
Definitely a plus
- Experience with building desktop applications using the Qt Framework
- Security knowledge
- Experience with 3D printing
- Understanding of graphics processing, geometric algorithms, path planning, linear algebra, OpenGL, etc.
The benefits of working with us
- A competitive salary in line with your experience
- Ultimaker makes contributions to your pension
- We pay for your daily commute based on public transport
- 27 days of paid leave per year
- Use of an Ultimaker 3D printer
- An open, family atmosphere, and fun work environment
- Work in a young and energetic team
- Lunch with healthy sandwiches, salads, and a daily special
- A convenient location within walking distance of public transport and near the highway
- Room to expand your knowledge by following courses and going to meetups
More detail about Ultimaker
Ultimaker has been in operation since 2011, and over the years has grown to become a market leader, creating powerful, professional, and accessible desktop 3D printers. With offices in the Netherlands, New York, Boston, and Singapore, plus production facilities in both Europe and the US, Ultimaker’s team of more than 350 employees continually strives to accelerate the world’s transition to local digital manufacturing by offering the highest-quality 3D printers, software, and materials on the market.
We offer you the chance to become a part of a young, fast-growing, technically advanced company. We are focused on further developing the Ultimaker, developing the world of 3D printing, and further expanding the skills of our people.
We are ordinary people with extraordinary plans. Creating high-quality products is our driver. Our passion and creativity help us to make the unbelievable believable. Together we make one hell of a team.
Interested in working at this young, fast-growing, technically advanced company? Please send us your motivation letter and résumé in English.
Unfortunately, we can only consider candidates who have an EU passport or a valid Dutch work permit.
Agency calls will not be appreciated.