We are searching for a manager Business Intelligence that will help build, maintain, and extract value from Twist’s enterprise data. This position will work closely with business, engineering, bioinformatics, and data science, to ensure that all relevant data is captured and annotated correctly; integrated seamlessly into our data lake/DWH; and analyzed in depth to bring to light insights that will help improve Twist’s performance. The successful candidate, first and foremost, will have a strong background in Business Intelligence and leading teams for DWH architecture and analytics. Strong communications and interpersonal skills are absolutely required.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Drive a business intelligence roadmap; prioritize analysis requests to balance the tactical and strategic information needs of the business
- Providing high level conceptual and technical expertise and understanding of data warehousing and business intelligence best practice.
- Ensure compliance to all enterprise data models according to data standards.
- Identifying data quality issues and supporting information governance by participating in necessary activities and assisting in the development of and adherence to database and development standards
- Lead the definition and governance of key business metrics, drive the vision and building of automated dashboards and self-service analytic capabilities, and engineer data-driven processes that drive business value
- Manage, develop, and grow a team of business intelligence engineers and analytic professionals
- Monitor performance of the business intelligence team and ensure effective implementation of all information technology projects to achieve objectives.
- Collaborate with operations, commercial, marketing, finance, product management, software engineering, data science, and data engineering leaders to design and develop information management capabilities
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- BSc/MSc in computer science/software engineering
- 5+ years experience and comprehensive working knowledge of business intelligence and DWH environments including system administration, database design, dimensional modeling, security, reporting and analytics
- 3+ years of experience of managing BI engineers and analytics teams
- Expert in the BI-tools landscape
- Experience using statistical computer languages (Python, R, SQL) to query and manipulate data
- Strong statistics and data analysis skills
- Excellent grasp of experimental design and data interpretation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with databases – Snowflake, postgres, and mongoDB preferred
- Experience in big data
- Experience with LIMS/MES systems
- Experience in the life science or biotechnology industry
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.