What You’ll Be Doing
FPA Manager is a high visibility role that works across the company and with Senior management to oversee, execute and continuously improve the company’s Global Financial planning, budgeting, and management reporting processes. The manager ensures excellent allocation of resources to drive rapid growth, margin expansion, and profit. The manager will deliver analytics and reporting to the company's executive staff, external investors, and in support of decision making process on key corporate strategies and initiatives. The manager will run the annual plan, rolling monthly forecasts, and monthly management reporting cycle including budget variance analysis, flash reporting, and KPIs.
The successful candidate will design financial planning and reporting processes that streamline the business and put value driving management insights in decision makers hands. The manager will initially work as an individual contributor and leverage a business finance team of five. Finally, the manager will provide leadership and decision support for key decisions including strategic investments, infrastructure, and new products.
- Oversee, across a wide stakeholder group, the annual planning process and deliver the company’s annual business plan including monthly rolling forecasts to monitor performance and enable responsiveness to changing business conditions.
- Continuously improve Twist’s financial planning and interactive analysis platform by building out new planning capabilities and interactive analysis to meet key stakeholders needs.
- Design and generate monthly and quarterly management reporting packages for the CFO and executive staff including P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow information, with actual versus budget analysis.
- Partner with the business to provide valuable management information and early awareness of changes in performance, including key metrics to measure the business and strategic investments.
- Support and provide relevant analysis for strategic projects including, but not limited to mergers and acquisitions, capital structure, and go – no go decisions for strategic investments and new products.
- Use written communication, analysis, and presentations to align stakeholders and obtain buy—in to opportunities, risk management strategies, and processes, including the annual plan.
- Ensure timely delivery of necessary financial information to support Executive Staff, Board and Audit Committee financial presentations.
- Oversee policies and procedures to manage our finance data model, including our cost centers and general ledger hierarchies.
- Identify and resolve reporting and forecasting issues as they arise.
- Implement process and control improvements for increased accuracy, efficiency and effectiveness of data.
- BA/BS Degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA will be a plus
- 8+ years of experience in FP&A and/or business finance roles, preferably in Life Sciences, Biotech companies.
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting & financial principles and how financial statements interact (i.e., income statement, balance sheet & cash flow) and a working understanding of GAAP and accrual accounting principles.
- World-class organizational skills, encompassing an extremely high attention to detail, strong ownership, and intense focus on accuracy and accountability.
- Expertise in guiding the evolution of and future implementations within Twist’s financial reporting platform.
- Deep domain knowledge in using industry-standard planning and tools, including Excel; knowledge of SAP will be a plus.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts at a high level to executive leadership.
- Ability to work and problem solve independently, to organize workload and priorities, and complete tasks on time.
- Strong leadership with proven track record in building strong partnerships and influencing key functional leaders to define and implement financial objectives, related reporting, and enable change.
- Energy and passion for delivering results in a fast-paced, data-driven environment.
- Ability to manage people and teams directly and through a matrixed environment.
- Comfort collaborating with and influencing senior personnel through written communication, presentation, and analysis.
- Oversee the entire financial planning and budget management process for Twist.
- Coordinate across the company and senior management to deliver results and ensure good investment decisions.
- Oversee the FP&A business cycle with Business finance colleagues with opportunity to build out the team as required.
- Expected to support, and sometimes lead, programs to implement best practices and make key decisions which may include expansion, new product, and strategic investment initiatives.
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.