Twist Program Management Office is seeking an experienced, highly-motivated program manager to support rapid growth of Twist business. He/she will help streamline the new product development life cycle, prioritize projects and drive new product introduction to achieve company’s business objectives. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a proven track record in managing a range of complex, high-impact projects with strong organizational leadership and influencing skills.
- Supports the introduction of product development life cycle management system at Twist. Supports product roadmap planning and portfolio management activities.
- Leads cross functional core teams. Collaborates with team members to develop detailed project plans. Coordinates and contributes to R&D activities and financial modeling to meet business objectives of the project.
- Leads and facilitates project meetings with a structure and agenda that is specifically engineered to ensure successful execution. Generates and disseminates meeting minutes which accurately capture key decisions, open issues and action items. Follows up on status of task and action item execution both within and outside of meetings, and updates project documentation (project timeline, meeting minutes) accordingly.
- Leads projects and team members through ISO 13485 design control process, creates and maintains a high-quality DHF.
- Builds high morale and team commitments to goals and objectives by creating a compelling sense of common purpose and direction.
- Communicates the project progress on behalf of the core teams to senior leadership team regularly. Proactively identifies any issues, concerns or challenges of assigned projects; develops action plans to address open issues, including escalation to key partners and stakeholders. Facilitates tradeoff decisions and removes obstacles.
- Acts with a sense of urgency and leads by example.
- BS or higher degree in Biology or Engineering; PMP is a plus
- Self-motivated, ambitious with long-term career goals
- Proven track record in leading cross-functional teams to achieve aggressive goals in biotech or pharmaceutical industry, start-up experience is a plus
- Domain knowledge in Design Control process, Quality Management Systems
- Experience in combining agile-based software teams with traditional waterfall-based R&D teams into a single cohesive project
- Experience in managing LIMS projects to support lab operations is highly desirable
- Superior interpersonal skills; proven ability to develop trusting relationships with all key stakeholders
- Assertiveness to tactfully address concerns or conflicts openly within core and extended teams
- Ability to make good business decisions and exercises sound judgment
- Ability to deal with uncertainty in a constructive manner and generate options for moving forward
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to highlight issues to senior leaders, drive consensus and forge solutions, stays focused and on-point
- Strong work ethics, commitment to the highest quality of work
- Proficient with various project management tools and applications, experience in PMO is a plus
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.