Finance Manager – China Operations
Reporting to the Senior Director, Corporate Controller, the Finance Manager - China Operations is in charge of ensuring the delivery of accounting transactions (Journal entries, General Ledger, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payable, Revenue Reconciliation, Cash Flows, etc.) and ﬁnancial statements in compliance with US GAAP policies and procedures for our China Entity. The Finance Manager - China Operations will have an indirect reporting responsibility to the China General Manager. You will be the China General Manager’s finance go-to person. The Finance Manager will work from our office in Guangzhou, China and manage our outsourced accounting firm. They will be responsible for the month end close process at the local subsidiary and local regulatory reporting. They will coordinate with the lab manufacturing group to ensure appropriate inventory valuation. The Finance Manager will collaborate with the VP of Finance and rest of the US-based FP&A team to prepare the annual budgets, monthly forecasts, and BVA analysis.
- Responsible for the month end close activities for the China legal entity
- Responsible for accurate and timely transaction processing for accounts payable, expense reporting, accounts receivable, payroll, ﬁxed assets, sales commissions, general accounting transactions, and tax compliance and tax
- Prepare monthly ﬁnancial statements, trend and account analysis for internal distribution in China legal entity.
- Work with local outsourced accounting firm (or service) to fully implement Yonyou software platform and established interface with Twist SAP
- Prepare local entity financial budget and forecast
- Prepare a monthly financial reporting package to be included in the executive business review for China entity
- Coordinate all procurement to pay expenditures with Corp Supply Chain group for China Entity
- Perform monthly Budget versus Actual expense analysis to be review by Senior Financial personnel
- Local country lead on all audit matters and tax submissions
- Manage outsourced accounting services of local Chinese service provider
- Prepare demand sales forecast for China and APAC
- Support China General Manager with various administrative Ad Hoc projects as needed
- BA or BS degree in ﬁnance/economics/accounting
- CPA required
- Big 4 Accounting Experience required
- Must reside in Guangzhou, or be willing to relocate to Guangzhou, China
- Must be fluent in Mandarin and English in both verbal and written communication
- Track record of successful operational accounting experience with 2-4 years supervisory experience and 6-8 years of experience working in the accounting/reporting ﬁeld
- Demonstrated success developing and implementing internal controls, with a passion for process improvement and streamlining
- Must have the ability to read, analyze and interpret ﬁnancial reports as well as possess a strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to prepare and support eﬀective presentations of ﬁnancial results and/or analytical ﬁndings
- ERP/SAP knowledge will be a plus
- Dynamic individual who thrives in a start up environment
- Team player who is flexible
About Twist Bioscience
At Twist Bioscience, our expertise is synthetic DNA. We have developed a proprietary semiconductor-based synthetic DNA manufacturing process featuring a 10,000-well silicon platform capable of producing synthetic biology tools, such as oligonucleotides, genes, pathways, chassis and genomes. By synthesizing DNA on silicon instead of on traditional 96-well plastic plates, our platform overcomes the current ineﬃciencies of synthetic DNA production, and enables cost-eﬀective, rapid, high-quality and high throughput synthetic gene production. The Twist Bioscience platform has the potential to greatly accelerate the development of personalized medicine, sustainable chemical production, improved agriculture production as well as new applications such as in vivo diagnostics, biodetection and data storage. For more information, please visit www.twistbioscience.com.
Twist Bioscience is an equal opportunity employer.