Programmable DNA, the software of Life, is finally here! Twist Bioscience is developing a disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world, enabling widespread health and sustainability. Synthetic biologists will use our products to engineer how organisms produce cures to diseases, make everyday chemicals by using the atmosphere as the carbon source, enable plants to make their own fertilizers, and to create in-vivo diagnostics that alert us when we are sick, and many more applications.
We are seeking an outstanding, innovative, and creative Sr. Scientist to join our antibody discovery effort. This Sr. Scientist will play multiple roles within the Pharma group and will work within a team responsible for antibody discovery utilizing a number of in vitro display technologies, e.g. phage display, ribosome display, and yeast display.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Generating target over-expressing cell lines for antibody discovery work
- Establishing and conducting functional assays on antibodies
- Plan, perform, analyze, and document laboratory experiments in support of antibody discovery
- Evaluate and support the implementation of new technologies
- Maintain laboratory instruments
- Work collaboratively under aggressive timelines
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Expertise in understanding and assessing GPCR function through cell based assays
- Strong background in cell culture, flow cytometry and FACS sorting
- Successful candidates will be independent and creative researchers, capable of experimental design, execution, and troubleshooting
- Your educational background includes a PhD in immunology, cell biology, biochemistry, or related discipline
- Motivation to learn new scientific techniques and to work in a team environment is necessary
- Ability to think outside the box is key
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant post-doctoral
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant industry experience
- Ph.D. with an outstanding GPCR-focused publication record
- Postdoctoral and industry experience required
- Experience in screening anti-GPCR antibodies in functional assays required
- Experience expressing/purifying antibodies in HEK293/CHO and characterization using standard methods (SEC, CE-SDS, cIEF, MS) preferred
- Strong desire to work in a dynamic start-up environment is essential
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Strong organization skills and proficiency in computer skills including various databases
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills a must
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Extraordinary attention to detail and planning
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.