We’re looking for a seasoned media maven to help develop and execute Turo’s corporate communications strategy. The Corporate Communications Manager will join a dynamic brand marketing team working with a range of media contacts with a focus on leadership, financial, and business publications. The ideal candidate will have extensive media relations experience pitching proactive stories on a national scale, a track record of driving positive news cycles and in-depth stories about executive leadership and corporate momentum, and the ability to manage reactive news cycles.
This role will be responsible for driving news between major announcements. The Corporate Communications Manager will be an expert collaborator who will work with stakeholders across Turo to consistently develop best-in-class media relations campaign ideas.
The ideal candidate is a voracious reader of the news, proactive, detail-oriented, highly social, incredibly organized, and will come into the role with extensive relationships with reporters and influencers. The candidate will utilize their knowledge of media interests, financial performance, and company data to continuously keep Turo’s story in top-tier publications.
The candidate should be a professional communicator with a strong foundation of working directly with reporters across the US. They should also be a gifted storyteller who is able to present pitches and company information to reporters.
The Corporate Communications Manager is a full-time position reporting to the VP of Communications and Brand Partnerships.
- Drive proactive media relations campaigns that lead to positive press coverage
- Pitching, pitching, and more pitching to reporters across the US and securing top-tier media coverage
- Draft press materials, including messaging, media pitches, briefing notes, and media alerts
- Maintain editorial calendars
- Create and maintain media lists
- Read assigned newspapers and trade publications for news relevant to Turo
- Provide logistic support for meetings and press events, prepare schedules and follow-up contact
- Strong leadership skills coupled with meticulous execution
- Experience with financial, corporate, and executive visibility communications
- Highly social and emotionally intelligent, being able to listen and communicate with high levels of empathy, while always maintaining a professional approach
- Strong foundation of project management skills, and ability to thrive under high pressure
- Ability to quickly solve problems and meet quick deadlines
- 5+ years of agency or in-house communications experience
- College graduate with a degree in political science, journalism, or communications
- Competitive salary and equity for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, vision insurance, and 401k match
- Flexible paid time off, 9 paid holidays, paid volunteer time off, and paid parental leave
- Turo host matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Monthly Fringe benefits stipend
- Monthly Turo travel credit
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, and the UK. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $450M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!