We have a position open for Claims Associate to join our team as we expand Canadian operations team located in Toronto, Ontario. This is an exciting opportunity to take part in a high energy work environment for a rapidly growing company with global ambitions. If you’re looking to make a real impact on a challenging part of the business, come join our team!
Role & Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional customer service for Turo Hosts and Guests
- Investigate and process auto claims filed by Turo Hosts and Guests
- When possible, assist Turo members in the self-resolution process
- Coordinate claims processing with Turo's third party administrator
- Collect any amounts due from Guests
- Maintain accurate documentation
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement in Turo’s processes for claims handling, strive to make Turo's organization a leader in customer service and cost management
- Reside in Toronto, Ontario
**though we are currently working from home during covid, this is not a remote role**
- Bilingual fluency in French and English preferred, but not required.
- Strongly prefer 1+ years experience in auto claims handling experience, preferably with a major auto insurance carrier or car rental company
- Will consider entry level candidates with exceptional customer service background and demonstrated interest in cars
- BA/BS or equivalent required. State licensing desirable
- Exceptional personal qualities and people skills
- Outstanding conflict resolution and de-escalation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, drive and embrace change
- Excellent follow-through, attention to detail, and with minimal need for supervision
- Must be a team player, with positive mental attitude, high energy, high integrity, strong work ethic, enthusiasm, sense of humor, and a commitment to the mission
- Commitment to high responsiveness and availability
- Strong proficiency with technology: Zendesk, CRM systems, Google Docs, MS Office, internet, mobile systems, claims management systems. Mac expertise a plus
- Bonus: Experience in balancing solutions with multiple interested parties valuable, as our two-sided marketplace counts Hosts, Guests, third parties, and the company all as meaningful stakeholders
- Competitive salary and equity for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off, 9 paid holidays, paid volunteer time off, and paid parental leave
- Turo host matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Monthly Fringe benefits stipend
- Monthly Turo travel credit
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, and the UK. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $500M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!