We are looking for a highly driven Income Tax Manager to join the team. Reporting to the Head of Tax, this position will perform a wide range of tax related functions associated with income tax compliance, tax aspects of financial reporting, and development and implementation of tax planning strategies. As a member of Turo’s tax team, you will be at the forefront of a rapidly expanding global organization. The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong understanding of general tax principles including tax provision, excellent technical and communication skills, and the ability to partner effectively across business functions. With your passion for teamwork and ambitious, proactive style, you will make significant contributions to every aspect of our Tax function, managing and facilitating Turo’s phenomenal growth rate.
- Oversee, manage, and improve tax provision preparation and financial reporting process.
- Establish and maintain appropriate tax controls and policies for internal tax accounting and compliance processes.
- Establish and maintain relationship with both financial auditors and external tax auditors.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of US and International tax concepts.
- Review and manage all aspects of US and International income tax compliance.
- Assist with tax planning initiatives. Including Nexus/PE analysis, US tax reform planning, Transfer Pricing, M&A and other strategic initiatives
- Facilitate R&D analysis conducted in various domestic and foreign jurisdictions.
- Research, quantify, and document tax positions and strategies.
- Track and analyze worldwide tax developments and assess impact on Turo’s operations.
- Work with cross-functional teams within finance and as business partners with other operational areas.
- Other tax projects as required or needed.
- Minimum 7+ years of tax experience with public accounting and/or multinational corporations. Big 4 experience a plus.
- Strong technical skills on corporate tax matters, ASC 740 and relevant financial reporting requirements.
- Experience managing financial statement and tax authority audits.
- Strong tax research and writing skills.
- Ability to collaborate and work with a diverse team and impact change across functional and business boundaries
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical tax and accounting requirements to a non-technical audience.
- Strong user, and quick learner of, technology and systems including but not limited to NetSuite, OneSource, MS office, G suite, etc.
- Project management skills, with extreme attention to detail.
- The ability to accurately identify problems and apply strong problem-solving skills to obtain resolution.
- Self-motivation and drive, with a passion for teamwork.
- Competitive salary and equity for all full-time employees
- Employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off, paid holidays, paid volunteer time off, and paid parental leave
- Weekly catered lunch with a fully-stocked kitchen
- Company-sponsored happy hours and team events
- Turo host matching and vehicle reimbursement program
- Turo travel credit every month
Turo is the world’s largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, and the UK. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $450M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient candidates to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!