The product is in the early stages of creating new real time communication experience targeting various consumers and we are looking for a strong backend engineer to leverage their previous WebRTC experience to work closely with other engineers, designers, product and internal stakeholders to help architect and build our backend solution.
This role requires a combination of deep technical understanding of real time communication, current cloud providers offerings, ability to scale systems, and impeccable development skills.
- Ensure the underlying platform supports the product requirements.
- Research and evaluate related technologies.
- Build, deploy and maintain a large communication backend.
- Maintain our data architecture.
- Provide continuous feedback to product on technical challenges and suggest solutions.
- Scale our backend to support millions of users using sharding, caching, load-balancing and other techniques.
- 4+ years of Backend Engineering experience.
- 3+ years of experience in Node.JS
- 2+ years experience using Redis and/or other PubSub services.
- 2+ years of experience using postgreSQL or other relational DB.
- 1+ years of WebRTC experience.
- 1+ years of experience working with audio/video communications codecs OR network protocols.
- Payment in USD
- Free credentials for e-learning platforms
- Remote workshops & activities