Supplier Experience is responsible for the end‑to‑end journey of tens of thousands of suppliers, from onboarding, to product management, to logistics, to payments, and much more, impacting millions of customers and products. Its global team maintains hundreds of distributed apps, microservices, data stores, jobs, queues, pipelines, and search clusters in addition to relying on dozens of APIs outside its domain boundary. Business requirements as well as technological evolution contribute to the ever‑changing nature of these resources.
Our Architecture, Infrastructure, and Modernization team engineers a single pane of glass of the state of these assets to support data‑driven reasoning and decision making, assess their quality in a uniform fashion, and facilitate planning of large‑scale changes. As a Senior Software Engineer owning this process, you will design and implement a system to establish facts about resources, reason about them, and use it to evaluate their condition. Your impact on engineering excellence and strategic decisions will be instrumental in Wayfair’s next phase of growth.
What You’ll Do:
- Own the ontology used when expressing facts about org’s resources
- Build tools to establish up‑to‑date facts about the assets in an automated fashion
- Provide a self‑service solution to register resources and enter facts about them
- Develop a single pane of glass using compiled facts and machine reasoning
- Maintain a tiered framework for comprehensive assessment of resource quality
- Certify assets to drive roadmaps, risk assessment, and negotiations
What You’ll Need:
- Ability to quickly synthesize information through APIs, scripting, and own tooling
- Proficiency in Python or Java, Click or picocli a plus
- Proficiency in Bash and its ecosystem, including jq, ripgrep, and yq
- Experience in graph databases, JanusGraph a plus
- Experience in microservice architecture, Apollo Federation a plus
- Experience in asynchronous architecture, Kafka a plus
- Experience in Docker, Kubernetes and Tekton a plus
- Familiarity with Datadog API, GitHub API, or PagerDuty APIs a plus
- Excellent communication skills, including technical writing
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.