We are Wayfair; we deliver a best-in-class customer experience in the furniture and home space because of people like you, who are driven, determined, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. In order to maintain our high level of delivery standards and meet our customer’s needs, the Wayfair Distribution team plays a key role in improving customer satisfaction and driving repeat business. We’ve been busy building a best-in-class logistics network that allows us to delight customers by speeding up deliveries, adding services, and reducing damage using our own physical, asset-based warehouses. We are looking for talented hard-working individuals to join our growing team – your professional home awaits you at Wayfair!
Equipment Operators - Minimum of 6 months of reach truck or cherry picker experience. Must be comfortable with heights (30 ft.) and heavy lifting of 75+lbs repeatedly (couches, sectionals, hot tubs, for example)
Salary: $16.50 - $18.00 per hour
Sunday - Wednesday 5:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Sunday - Wednesday 4:00PM - 2:30 AM
Wednesday - Saturday 5:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Wednesday - Saturday 4:00PM - 2:30 AM
What You'll Do
To our customers, we are the world's largest online destination for all things HOME. To our employees, we offer fun and dynamic employment where they can grow and feel at HOME. Each Wayfarian contributes to our productivity and everyone has a voice!
Click here to check out our Equipment Operator position. What you should notice:
- Unload and receive inbound furniture orders which will require manually moving large, heavy goods.
- Use scan technology to document pertinent carton level information, including condition, quantity, and warehouse location of material.
- Proactively monitor order management systems to ensure that all orders have been received properly and that detailed descriptions are provided for any Overage/Shortage/Damage issues.
- Perform regular cycle counts to ensure inventory is accurate and up to date.
- Pick deliveries from inventory and stage them by truck and stop number.
- Provide direct input into the existing user tools and make recommendations for improvements based on your everyday experience.
- Be a vocal contributor on the team.
- Work effectively with peers and managers.
- Identify the most efficient way to complete assigned tasks and asks clarifying questions when appropriate.
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned.
What You'll Need
- Must be comfortable repeatedly lifting up to 75 lbs. unassisted and moving product 150+ lbs. unassisted or via team lift.
- Must be able to work on warehouse floor 8 hours a day or more.
- Strong, consistent work ethic.
- Comfort with scanning technology.
- Experience in Distribution or Logistics is a plus.
- Experience working in High Jump is a plus.
- Able to read and comprehend English to ensure your safety and the safety of those working around you.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Assistance for Individuals with Disabilities
Wayfair is fully committed to providing equal opportunities for all individuals, including individuals with disabilities. As part of this commitment, Wayfair will make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on business operations. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Need Technical Assistance?
If you are having any technical difficulty submitting your application, please reach out to our careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
We are interested in retaining your data for a period of 12 months to consider you for suitable positions within Wayfair. Your personal data is processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice (which can found here: https://www.wayfair.com/careers/privacy). If you have any questions regarding our processing of your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com. If you would rather not have us retain your data please contact us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.