Wayfair is seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial product leader to help us create the world’s best Supplier experience for home. The Associate Director, Supplier Product, will be joining a talented team responsible for identifying and building product innovations that have a real-world impact on our thousands of Suppliers, continuously improving our ability to handle the 55M+ annual orders we fulfill each year.
Reporting to the Director of Supplier Product, and leading a team of Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers, this individual will collaborate with partners across the company to bring their product vision to life. The scope of the role is broad, with accountability for identifying and executing on opportunities that deliver material value for customers, Suppliers and Wayfair.
What you will do in this role:
- Drive Results
- Craft, own, and deliver a world-class product experience that will enable our Suppliers to delight our customers, increasing value for customers and for Wayfair
- Focus a broad, cross-functional team on outcomes while you lead the group to move quickly in developing a net new solution that solves Supplier pain points
- Understand the details and technical underpinnings of the solutions you will build to mitigate risk, partner productively with adjacent teams, and move quickly to value delivery
- Win Together
- Lead a team of Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers, establishing and fostering a team culture with high accountability, trust, collaboration and empowerment
- Collaborate effectively with senior partners, stakeholders, and executives to ensure cross-Wayfair alignment and support for the Supplier Insights product strategy and vision
- Recognize and productively communicate to audiences of any level when expectations must be shifted, priorities adjusted, etc. to better optimize for overall business value
- Continuously Improve
- Guide a team to set clear and ambitious goals that drive significant business value; accepts responsibility for team performance and outcomes, regardless of circumstances
- Benchmark market leaders, best in class technologies, and user insights to identify significant improvement opportunities and/or solutions for the Supplier team
What you’ll need
- 8+ years of Product Management experience working in high-growth, customer-centric companies, developing product strategy, owning product roadmaps, and having accountability for key success metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and mentor a team. 3+ years of experience successfully leading and growing teams that are highly effective both in terms of impact and team culture.
- Ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically, with a desire to roll up your sleeves and coach through doing when warranted.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and an ability to deal with ambiguity and rapidly changing environments.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience with hypothesis-driven learning and turning data into actionable insights.
- Superior communication skills with demonstrated ability to navigate a complex organization, rally people around an exciting vision, and generate buy-in for ideas and plans.
- Comfortable working cross-functionally across a wide variety of teams, backgrounds/interests, and levels/seniority; readily able to tailor communication to your audience.
- Intellectual curiosity about what makes suppliers feel and act the way they do, what’s interesting across the consumer web / ecomm / mobile / SaaS landscape at any given time, how marketplace dynamics and consumer behaviors are evolving (and how that might create new possibilities for Suppliers and Wayfair), etc.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.