What We Do
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. It is our mission to grow Wayfair into a household name, by offering customers an easy & fun shopping and perfect order experience. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 22 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares, and more.
The Pricing & Profit Management team controls retail price to balance growth against profitability. We implement and optimize pricing strategies and reflect category nuances in pricing to grow the business across Europe.
We are looking for candidates who have a strong business sense, excel in critical thinking, and like to uncover the root causes of business challenges. They analyze and manipulate terabyte datasets to generate business insights and optimize business performance via pricing.
If you enjoy taking on responsibility in a fast growing business, working closely with cross-functional stakeholders, and joining a diverse team, we invite you to apply for a Senior Analyst position in Profit Management.
What You Will Do
As a Senior Analyst in Profit Management, you will leverage existing pricing strategies to optimize long term business performance of assigned categories. You will root cause some of our toughest business challenges and find novel ways to improve Wayfair’s pricing in the long run.
Your responsibilities include
- Applying and optimizing pricing strategies for assigned product verticals in very close collaboration with category stakeholders.
- Contributing to the development of pricing strategies and platforms as part of the team that is responsible for effective implementation across Europe.
- Measuring and communicating progress along KPIs. You develop robust reporting capabilities to measure the impact of pricing on key metrics
- Working against specific and well scoped problem statements. You propose solutions and a plan to drive execution.
- Collaborating effectively with peers in the global team.
- Troubleshooting business development and the ability to do non-standard analyses on terabyte datasets
- Architecting novel metrics and analyses to shed light on success drivers. You develop analytical techniques that allow for greater understanding of our performance
What You'll Need
- A Bachelor’s degree from top-tier institution with a distinguished academic record, ideally in a quantitative field (math, economics, statistics, physics, engineering, etc.); MSc or MBA preferred
- 3+ years of work experience in an analytical and/or stakeholder-facing role, preferably with a pricing background
- Results focus: you have demonstrated the ability to deliver strong results and feel comfortable with sharing quick results early to improve over time. You collaborate effectively with other teams to achieve your goals
- Business acumen: you are familiar with financial statements and have experience with fundamental business metrics such as revenue, cost, profit, basket size, conversion, etc.
- Strong quantitative skills: you have hands-on experience with manipulation and analysis of large data sets. Advanced Excel knowledge and proficient knowledge of one structured programming language (preferably TSQL and GBQ; Python, R) required.
- Communication skills: you communicate effectively with peers and stakeholders, both written and verbally. You structure your thinking in a written way to seek alignment and input.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.