Wayfair is revolutionizing the way it produces digital media to build a new and better shopping experience for our customers. We are looking for a Product leader to build our industry-leading digital media creation, storage and retrieval capabilities that delight and help our customers easily find what they are looking for and keep coming back. The capabilities you build will ensure that every customer views high quality digital media at every touch point, educating & inspiring them throughout their journey.
As the Director of Product, Merchandising Technology, your work will drive a competitive moat for Wayfair’s merchandising capabilities that will fuel our next 2-5 years of growth -- this includes our efforts in computer-generated imagery, video, Augmented Reality / Virtual Reality (AR/VR) experiences, all of which are core to providing our customers the best possible online shopping experience.
Examples of problems you will solve include:
- Take a merchandising lens to our customer problems. For example, how might we use media to educate and inspire our customers on the right products for them?
- How might we build a scalable product that can build and deliver content for a 10 million SKU catalog across 70 brands and styles?
- How do we deepen our partnerships with our industry partners, e.g. Apple, Google, Matterport etc. in creating next generation experiences for our customers?
What You’ll Do:
In this role, you will own the overarching vision, strategy and execution of product development. This role is highly strategic, requiring close partnership with many internal stakeholders including 3D & Brand/Creative operations, Merchandising, Data Science, Storefront and other Catalog Engineering teams.
You will also lead a growing team of engineers, product managers, designers, and analysts to develop innovative solutions across 3 core workstreams:
- Production Workflow: This workstream supports the workflow management technologies that serve as the backbone of the media creation factory. These flexible workflow management systems orchestrate media creation involving multiple steps across different 2D & 3D media creation pipelines.
- Creative Technology: This workstream provides a set of tools and automation services that sits on top of our core production workflow platforms and aids 3D & 2D creative users as they build, validate, and render high quality digital assets as cost effectively as possible.
- Asset Management: This workstream supports the Wayfair Asset Management Platform, Wayfair’s single source of truth for all digital media at Wayfair. This platform provides an easy and efficient way for users to store, find and use digital media.
What You’ll Need:
This role presents significant technical, analytical and leadership opportunities with enormous potential for business impact. Successful candidates will:
- Have a demonstrated track record of delivering large B2B/B2C products in an agile environment
- Have a demonstrated track record of managing multiple product sprint teams, tradeoff and investment decisions across multiple domains / stakeholders
- Be entrepreneurial and creative problem solvers who are able to lead and grow high-performing cross functional teams to bring their vision to reality
- They’ll also be able to dive deep into the technical details of their products while simultaneously defining and communicating vision as a key leader within our organization.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.