Warehouse Team Lead
We are Wayfair; we deliver a best-in-class customer experience in the furniture and home space because of people like you, who are driven, determined, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. In order to maintain our high level of delivery standards and meet our customer’s needs, the Wayfair Dedicated Operations team plays a key role in improving customer satisfaction and driving repeat business. We’ve been busy building a best-in-class logistics network that allows us to delight customers by speeding up deliveries, adding services, and reducing damage using our own physical, asset-based warehouses. We are looking for talented hard-working individuals to join our growing team – your professional home awaits you at Wayfair!
What You'll Do
- The Warehouse Team Lead will assist your supervisor with managing and overseeing all the functions of the warehouse, warehouse associates, and ensuring smooth operations of all activities.
- Lead the receiving department and insure the functions are use correct. This is a floor position, and will involve physically moving/processing products in addition to leading the team.
- Delegate and assign work to keep a 100% fill rate.
- Help manage the inventory. Work areas include: receive and put-away of product.
- Conduct necessary training within department.
- Ensure the proper use and accountability of tools.
- Ensure hours and functions are recorded correctly (e.g. Time clocks)
- Answer email/verbal questions in a timely manner.
- Keep product moving and oversee the cleanliness of the department. This includes daily trash compacting.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
What You’ll Need
- Leadership and motivational skills and the ability to make decisions with little to no guidance based on policies or common sense.
- Experienced in more than one department. Work areas include: receiving, inventory control, pick, pack, ship and return of product.
- Experience with composing and replying to emails.
- Power Equipment experience – Must be able to operate or willing to be trained on Powered Industrial Truck Operations (PITO).
- Experience with creating and updating systems such as trouble tickets.
- 2+ working experience.
- Must have excellent attendance.
- Working understanding of WMS system. Understanding of High Jump is a plus.
- Must be comfortable repeatedly lifting up to 75 pounds unassisted and maneuvering product 150+ pounds unassisted or via team lift.
- Able to read and comprehend English to ensure your safety and the safety of those working around you.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.