The Global Merchandising team studies the customer and how she shops, defining the data and content she needs, while leveraging technology to gather that information from suppliers, ultimately delivering a “best in class” experience.
Teams with Open Roles:
The Vertical Merchandising team acts as the voice of the customer by understanding the customer’s needs and building a catered online shopping experience. The team is structured to focus on individual product categories, so that the teams can deeply understand that category’s specific customer needs during the shopping journey.
The Operating Platform
This team owns and maintains Wayfair’s e-commerce catalog of more than 10 million products. Within the Operating Platform, there are two groups:
- Catalog Management: This group facilitates product selection growth through intel/tech-enabled selection gap management, efficient product content management workflows and tools, best-in-class supplier support on content-related technology, and world-class outsourcing capabilities.
- Data Integrations & Analytics: This group’s mission is to enable the broader merchandising agenda and allow suppliers to maximize our vast data sources. They deliver plug-and-play capabilities while integrating data into their workflows.
- Passionate about the customer with a strong interest in understanding and driving user behavior
- Analytical and process-oriented, comfortable working with large data sets and making data-driven decisions
- Able to manage through ambiguous and subjective situations, including balancing operational efficiency and data analysis with high quality standards and a sense of what is “right” for the customer
- Senior presence, able to clearly and consistently work side-by-side across functions and departments and synthesize multiple points of view into a coherent action plan
Pilot Application Process:
- Submit your referral to one pipeline req to be considered for ALL opportunities at their level within the pilot program (You only need to submit your referral once!)
- A member of our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch within 48 hours to discuss open opportunities.
Global Merchandising Pilot Point of Contact: Jillian Bjorn-Caron
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.