Who is Trace3?
Trace3 is a leading Transformative IT Authority, providing unique technology solutions and consulting services to our clients. Equipped with elite engineering and dynamic innovation, we empower IT executives and their organizations to achieve competitive advantage through a process of Integrate, Automate, Innovate.
Our culture at Trace3 embodies the spirit of a startup with the advantage of a scalable business. Employees can grow their career and have fun while doing it!
Trace3 is headquartered in Irvine, California. We employ more than 1,000 people all over the United States. Our major field office locations include Atlanta, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Grand Rapids, Lexington, Los Angeles, Louisville, Texas, San Diego, San Francisco, and Scottsdale.
Ready to discover the possibilities that live in technology?
Come Join Us!
Street-Smart - Thriving in Dynamic Times
We are flexible and resilient in a fast-changing environment. We continuously innovate and drive constructive change while keeping a focus on the “big picture.” We exercise sound business judgment in making high-quality decisions in a timely and cost-effective manner. We are highly creative and can dig deep within ourselves to find positive solutions to different problems.
Juice - The “Stuff” it takes to be a Needle Mover
We get things done and drive results. We lead without a title, empowering others through a can-do attitude. We look forward to the goal, mentally mapping out every checkpoint on the pathway to success and visualizing what the final destination looks and feels like.
Teamwork - Humble, Hungry and Smart
We are humble individuals who understand how our job impacts the company's mission. We treat others with respect, admit mistakes, give credit where it’s due and demonstrate transparency. We “bring the weather” by exhibiting positive leadership and solution-focused thinking. We hug people in their trials, struggles, and failures – not just their success. We appreciate the individuality of the people around us.
About the Role:
As part of the Trace3xperince Program, the Project Coordinator Tracer (PC Intern) is responsible for the management of a variety of specific project types, including but not limited to hardware installations, data center builds, security health checks engagements. These projects will have a heavy emphasis on technical resources and require minimal project management as defined in the Company Project Management Framework. This position will primarily be responsible for managing project information in the appropriate systems (ERP, PSA, etc.) with an emphasis on Time & Expense, project status, invoicing, and reporting.
The Project Coordinator Tracer will also assist Project Managers with creating project deliverables on larger engagements. The PC Tracer may lead smaller delivery projects, as assigned by their supervisor. Tracers in this program will receive accelerated professional development, exposure to all technical functions of an IT consulting organization, world-class mentoring, and unique networking opportunities across the organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Learn how to develop task lists or project schedules in alignment with the scope and objectives defined in the Statement of Work
- Assist in coordinating technical resources as needed to provide support or ensure delivery of a successful solution, depending on the agreement with the client
- Assist in serving as the primary point of contact for the project team for the engagement
- Collaborate or escalate as required to address business or technical issues related to the project
- Track all project related costs, including Time & Expenses entries
- Learn how to manage and maintain project information in the appropriate systems (ERP, PSA and CRM)
- Generate reports (status, budget, etc.) and produce internal project-related deliverables
- Partner with Project Managers as required to provide administrative/coordination support or assist with the production of project deliverables
Qualifications & Interests:
- Enrollment in the Junior or Senior year of an undergraduate or master’s program, at an accredited college or university
- Candidates should be pursuing a field of study applicable to the Project Manager Internship
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or better; People and Organizational Health may require a copy of the applicant’s transcript
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks, accepts direction on given assignments, and ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills, including when to escalate or ask for additional support
- Enthusiasm for technical problem solving with attention to detail and strong communication skills
- Availability to work 20 to 40 hours per week throughout the internship
- CAPM, PMP, Agile, or Six Sigma certifications (or in process of certification) are a plus
- Self-motivated individual with strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with project teams and clients
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to be flexible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results in the absence of formal authority
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience or exposure to technology initiatives, preferred
- Prefer student to be local to the Denver area so they can go into the Trace3 Denver office for in person training
***To all recruitment agencies: Trace3 does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Trace3 employees or any other company location. Trace3 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.