Who is Trace3?
Trace3 is a leading Transformative IT Authority, providing unique technology solutions and consulting services to our clients. Equipped with elite engineering and dynamic innovation, we empower IT executives and their organizations to achieve competitive advantage through a process of Integrate, Automate, Innovate.
Our culture at Trace3 embodies the spirit of a startup with the advantage of a scalable business. Employees can grow their career and have fun while doing it!
Trace3 is headquartered in Irvine, California. We employ more than 1,000 people all over the United States. Our major field office locations include Atlanta, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Grand Rapids, Lexington, Los Angeles, Louisville, San Diego, San Francisco, and Scottsdale.
Ready to discover the possibilities that live in technology?
Ideal candidates will have qualities true to our core…
Street -Smart <thriving in dynamic times> You are flexible and resilient in a fast-changing environment. You know how your job affects the whole mission. You get the bigger picture. You understand why your job matters to Trace3 and how to help grow the business. You exercise sound business judgment in making high-quality decisions in a timely manner.
Entrepreneurial Spirit <capitalizing on opportunity> You think like an entrepreneur. You continuously innovate, come up with solutions and drive change. You solve problems for the betterment of the company. You look for new and productive ways to make an impact. You find better ways to sell or provide solutions and are good at it.
Juice <the “stuff” it takes to be a needle mover and a game changer> You are a well-respected achiever that gets things done and drives results. You “bring the weather” by demonstrating leadership, character, and passion. You lead without a title, empowering others and inspiring trust. You treat others with respect, admit mistakes, give credit where it’s due and demonstrate transparency. You hug people in their trials, struggles, and failures, not just their success.
About the Role:
The Engagement Architect will be responsible for providing technical expertise in the creation and delivery of technology solutions designed to meet customer’s needs in the areas of Private and Hybrid Cloud, Storage, Compute, HCI, and Kubernetes (OpenShift and Rancher).
While leading in a presales and delivery capacity, the Engagement Architect will be responsible for leveraging new and emerging technologies to solve key technical challenges for our clients. A key function of this role will be building deep relationships, gaining trust and enabling client success to ensure engagements are successful.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for direct, client facing, sales enablement of product and services with a target billable utilization target.
- Oversee active service engagements and operate as a technical point of escalation, if needed.
- Oversee a team of Sr. Engineers, Engineers, and Jr. Engineers who are responsible for the completion of project (pre or post) deliverables.
- Work directly with sales teams to develop and deliver pre-sales campaign collateral (PowerPoint, PDF, etc.).
- Leverage the collateral repository, managed by the PSA, custom tune any templates or successful campaign collateral to custom tune it per client.
- Understand each client’s unique environment, success criteria, and personalities in order to deliver a highly customized solution which resonates and demonstrates Company’s commitment to excellence.
- Operate as domain (go-to) expert in a given set of specific technologies and client outcomes.
- Understand, communicate, document, and deliver on client expectations from our clients and sales teams.
- Delivery of pre-sales collateral working in coordination with Regional Sales Leaders, Technical Account Mangers, Engagement Managers, Client Success Managers, etc.
- For individually aligned service engagements, serve as primary PoC for all client communication, strategic discussions, final reviewer on all delivered client facing collateral, and regular/weekly reports.
- Direct oversight of all Engineers (Junior through Senior level with pre-sales and post sales) to ensure that team members are operating effectively and when appropriate, escalating to PSA and PD for resolution of issues.
Qualifications & Interests:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in design, deployment and integration of Infrastructure solutions including storage, compute, virtualization, and Kubernetes solutions
- Consultative Mindset with the ability to adapt quickly to constantly changing parameters
- Deep systems architecture and engineering expertise in private and hybrid cloud architectures (Microsoft Cloud, Red Hat OpenStack, VMware, AWS) and approaches to address their unique management and security considerations.
- Infrastructure Management (containerization, virtualization, ITIL, CMDB) with emphasis on VMware, Rancher or OpenShift
- Ability to translate traditional IT infrastructure to global private and hybrid cloud deployments
- Design and deployment of enterprise-wide complex cloud environments on a global scale
- Ability to conduct knowledge transfer to clients and co-workers.
- Ability to articulate automation and orchestration development needs and work through the infrastructure development lifecycle
- Extensive knowledge of VMware’s portfolio of capabilities; vSphere, vRA, vROPs, NSX-T, etc.
- IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, SDDS providers and platforms with emphasis on Nutanix, OpenStack, and VMware
- Automation tools experience with emphasis on Ansible, Morpheus, and / or vRA
- Scripting experience (Python, PowerShell, Java)
- Experience in architecting and implementing SAN and NAS storage with emphasis on Pure, NetApp, and HPE
- Experience in implementing large-scale compute and high-performance compute infrastructure with emphasis on HPE, Nutanix, Dell EMC, Lenovo, and Cisco UCS
- Experience architecting and implementing HCI solutions with emphasis on Nutanix
- Experience with configuring and troubleshooting network components.
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for you and your dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan, 529 college savings plan, life insurance, and AD&D
- Training and development programs
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative and cool office culture
- Work-life balance (where we don’t encourage fun and relaxation time; we require it)
***To all recruitment agencies: Trace3 does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Trace3 employees or any other company location. Trace3 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.