Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog is the fastest growing pet health service company in the US, and was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care – a fresh proposition in an industry riddled with manipulative and misleading marketing. We’re starting by radically improving the $100 billion pet food market, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food, balanced by top veterinary nutritionists, directly to customers’ doors. Our ultimate goal is to create innovative, honest, and delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and we believe our direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic and forward-thinking culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, The Farmer’s Dog has delivered hundreds of millions of meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help us build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join us as we continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to our customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
As our Senior Analyst, Consumer Research you will partner with our Consumer Research Director and team members across all TFD business units. You will lead in analyzing data and delivering insights from qualitative and quantitative research studies that guide business decisions. You will be instrumental in developing a deep understanding of TFD customers through your data-driven storytelling.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Management and execution of Consumer Research studies: Design, manage, and implement in-house custom quantitative and qualitative research studies. These studies will support various TFD business units in product optimization, new product development, creative testing, and other general consumer and TFD customer studies that support Retention and Acquisition efforts
- Alongside our Consumer Research Director and Coordinator, you will be responsible for leading projects from the questionnaire/discussion guide phase to final project execution, including putting together clear, detailed findings for our team members
- External relationship management: Partner with external research agencies to conduct large-scale research studies like our Brand Health Tracker, and other custom studies that aid TFD functions in better understanding our customers, our brand, and dog owners in general
- You will own all steps along the way, including running timelines with vendors, checking data, analyzing cross tabs, and writing reports
- Internal relationship management: Develop strong working relationships with customers and cross-functional partners
- You will work alongside team members to deliver insights that tell a well-rounded story about our customers and provide practical recommendations
- You will collaborate across other functions including Data, Strategy and Insights (i.e., Analytics) to integrate our primary research insights with our customer database
- You will mentor and train junior researchers in market research methodologies and analysis
We're Excited About You Because
- You have 3+ years supplier-side research experience
- You have quantitative research experience
- Foundational understanding of market research principles - proposal design, sample composition, data collection, and analysis techniques
- You possess strong project management skills, handling multiple requests, deadlines, and deliverables, and strong written communication skills
- You have a passion for interpreting data, considering implications, and building an easy-to-understand narrative from it
- You're naturally curious and open to learning new ways of gathering data
- You're comfortable mentoring junior researchers
- You take a strong sense of personal accountability and seeks to grow and learn
- Experience working with subscription-model clients
- Experience writing research proposals
- Enjoyment thinking through multiple scenarios in designing research
- Proficiency with programming surveys in Vision Critical/Alida, Qualtrics, or similar
- Solid understanding of statistics and statistical techniques
- Interest or experience in qualitative research
- Interest or experience with reporting syndicated and secondary research
We support our team members with the flexibility to thrive, professionally and personally. Currently all hybrid team members are asked to be in the office for 2 Gathering Days a week to continue to build a collaborative, lively, and invested environment - a unique in-person culture we are proud of. Gathering Days are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, however the office will be open and available for all Monday through Friday. This hybrid policy can be subject to change at company discretion.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in-person meetings) is now a feature, not a bug
We commit to building a competitive compensation package and company environment for all individuals to thrive. We believe in competitive base compensation rooted in location specific market data and performance along with equity ownership in the company that allows every team member to build their personal wealth as the company grows, just as much as we believe in fostering a culture that supports our team members personally, professionally, and holistically. For this role the anticipated hiring base compensation range is $85,000 - $91,000 USD Annual and the compensation offered will include a robust market competitive package of base and equity. In addition to your base compensation offer you will also receive equity ownership in the company. More information about the value of this equity will be shared at the time of offer. This range is representative of NYC Market Data if you are applying to this role outside of the NYC area the range may change.