Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog is the fastest growing pet health service company in the US, and was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care – a fresh proposition in an industry riddled with manipulative and misleading marketing. We’re starting by radically improving the $100 billion pet food market, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food, balanced by top veterinary nutritionists, directly to customers’ doors. Our ultimate goal is to create innovative, honest, and delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and we believe our direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic and forward-thinking culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, The Farmer’s Dog has delivered hundreds of millions of meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help us build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join us as we continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to our customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
The Farmer’s Dog is looking for a Retention Analytics Manager to help us help dogs live the longest, healthiest life possible by delivering on our promise to transform unconditional love into uncomplicated care. Given our direct and long-term relationship with our customers, this role will play a critical role in that mission by leveraging millions of data points to craft a holistic view of our customers that inspires action to improve their experience and drive meaningful improvements to retention. You’ll help the Retention department and key cross-functional stakeholders deeply understand our customers’ unique needs, points of friction, and motivations.
This is a highly cross-functional role, you’ll collaborate with teams across the business (Product, Engineering, Data Science & Engineering, Analytics Engineering, Consumer Research, Operations, CX etc.) to improve the speed and quality of our decision making. You’ll deliver strategic analyses and recommendations, conduct longitudinal experiments, and help support the data tools that empower stakeholders to make smart decisions quickly. The ideal candidate will be fluent in both strategy and tactical execution, exhibit strong problem solving skills, and have a deep sense of curiosity that naturally pairs with a ‘roll up your sleeves’ mentality. You’ll have real ownership over improving our customers’ lives (and the lives of their four-legged companions!) while making a foundational impact on our growth efforts.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Collaborate with Retention stakeholders across product, CX, and CRM/Lifecycle to ensure our overarching retention strategy is based in deep customer insights.
- Keep a pulse on and regularly audit our customer base for trends and changes in demos or behavior to ensure the company is aware and appropriately prioritizing.
- Bring the voice of the customer to life by delivering strategic analyses that leverage a myriad of data sources to form a cohesive narrative.
- Partner closely with our BI teams (Data Engineering & Analytics Engineering) to improve stakeholder’s ability to access data and make sound, impactful customer-focused decisions that improve retention.
- Help design diverse longitudinal A/B, multivariate, and uplift experiments that drive meaningful improvements to the customer experience and long-term retention.
- Get in the weeds – write SQL / Python / R when necessary to help drive decisions and accelerate innovation.
- Act as a key Data Governance stakeholder to ensure that teams across the business are enabled to make sound retention decisions that advance our mission.
We're Excited About You Because
- 5+ years of experience in quantitative analysis roles, preferability in customer-focused analysis for a D2C business.
- Expert-level SQL skills, bonus points for comfortability/experience using Python or R to extract, manipulate, and analyze data
- Experience in building, managing, and developing a small team (1-3 direct reports)
- Experience applying statistics and data science methods to solve problems
- Excellent communication skills – you are able to effectively communicate complex topics to a diverse group of stakeholders
We support our team members with the flexibility to thrive, professionally and personally. Currently all hybrid team members are asked to be in the office for 2 Gathering Days a week to continue to build a collaborative, lively, and invested environment - a unique in-person culture we are proud of. Gathering Days are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, however the office will be open and available for all Monday through Friday. This hybrid policy can be subject to change at company discretion.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in-person meetings) is now a feature, not a bug
We commit to building a competitive compensation package and company environment for all individuals to thrive. We believe in competitive base compensation rooted in location specific market data and performance along with equity ownership in the company that allows every team member to build their personal wealth as the company grows, just as much as we believe in fostering a culture that supports our team members personally, professionally, and holistically. For this role the anticipated hiring base compensation range is $150,000 - $160,000 USD Annual and the compensation offered will include a robust market competitive package of base and equity. In addition to your base compensation offer you will also receive equity ownership in the company. More information about the value of this equity will be shared at the time of offer. This range is representative of NYC Market Data if you are applying to this role outside of the NYC area the range may change.