Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. Backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, and Sweetgreen, we've raised over $100M in funding and seek to build a company as healthy as the dogs we feed.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
The SEO Manager will be working multi-functionally with Conversion, Acquisition, and Content functions to develop a robust SEO strategy to ensure that our site and blog continue to produce high-quality content and strong rankings, with the ultimate goal of positioning The Farmer’s Dog as an authoritative, reliable source for information about dogs and dog care. The SEO Manager will also be responsible for presenting upcoming trends and SERP changes to all cross-functional partners to ensure a scalable and outstanding SEO strategy, build and manage impactful reporting and insights, and produce innovative and ambitious strategies to helpfully position The Farmer’s Dog.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Work with Product & Content functions to develop and execute our SEO strategy, including growing traffic to our blog and increasing #1 rankings for related terms, as well as increasing new customer acquisitions.
- Work closely with the Director of Content on content, keyword, and link-building strategy for SEO.
- Own reporting on organic search performance and changes in rankings.
- Partner with the Product Manager, Conversion and Acquisition Manager, Search on leading on-page and technical optimizations to drive traffic and acquire customers through organic search.
- Communicate upcoming trends and changes to the SERP and organic algorithms to ensure our SEO strategy remains up to date.
We're Excited About You Because
- 3-5 years of direct experience on creating and executing SEO strategy
- Expertise in technical SEO
- Well versed in on-page optimization
- Proficiency in using SEO tools such as SEMRush/Moz/Screaming Frog
- Comfortable with using Google Search Console, Google Analytics and Excel
- Foundational knowledge of paid search
- Experience A/B testing (experience with Segment or Optimizely is ideal)
- E-commerce/Subscription based experience is preferred
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (upon a safe return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in person-meetings) is now a feature, not a bug