Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. Backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, and Sweetgreen, we've raised over $100M in funding and seek to build a company as healthy as the dogs we feed.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
The Farmer’s Dog is looking for a customer focused and strategic Retention Product Manager that can synthesize a wide variety of data sources to build seamless cross-platform experiences that cultivate emotional loyalty and certainty. You’ll distill these insights into a measurable product roadmap and work with our Engineering team to scope, build, and ship high-impact features that significantly enhance retention by improving the lives of our customers (and their four-legged companions!).
You’ll be joining the Growth Team, responsible for the holistic customer experience across acquisition, conversion, retention, and new initiatives; this is a highly cross-functional role in which you’ll be collaborating daily with engineering, product design, CX, data, etc. As such, your projects will be diverse and across all stages of the development lifecycle — you’ll have the opportunity to think big in blue sky brainstorming sessions as well as go deep with more tactical implementation. If you consider yourself a detailed, conscientious, and data-driven problem-solver then this is the perfect role for you!
How You'll Make An Impact
- Lead the conceptualization, testing, development, and launch of innovative features and products that improve customers’ subscription experience, address and alleviate pain points, and drive lifetime value.
- Identify big ideas that move the needle on active users, certainty, and satisfaction. Prioritize these efforts to craft iterative roadmaps and clearly communicate objectives to key stakeholders.
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to deeply understand our customers’ lifecycles across all post-purchase stages and approaches; use findings to resolve opportunities to improve, and deploy strategies that build lifelong retention.
- Build and lead a strategic retention product roadmap.
- Develop and implement an experimentation roadmap that maximizes findings while minimizing risk.
- Run user research studies in collaboration with Data Strategy & Insights that ensure we implement products that improve customer satisfaction and retention.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners across CX, Engineering, Brand, Data Strategy & Insights, Operations, R&D and Product Design and actively work to empower our partners to be more effective, in order to accomplish these objectives.
We're Excited About You Because
- You have a proven record of shipping high-impact experiences for a direct-to-consumer or subscription business.
- You have 5+ years of product management experience, ideally at an ecommerce company. Bonus points for any experience with physical x digital product integrations!
- You have a customer-centric mentality and experience collaborating with CX, design, and brand.
- You love to be challenged by your work and are excited to tackle sophisticated, tricky problems without any standard off-the-shelf solutions
- You are highly analytical and hands-on with customer data - focused on uncovering measurable insights and deeply familiar with tools to support conversion, personalization, and digital product efforts.
- You are very comfortable with retention analytics and customer segmentation - you feel confident you could identify key customer segments and build features to improve their experience.
- You have a proven track record of building an experimentation roadmap and function, including multivariate and longitudinal tests.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (upon a safe return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO and (when in office) WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in person-meetings) is now a feature, not a bug