WHO WE ARE
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series B and are backed by early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
WHAT'S THE ROLE?
The Farmer’s Dog is looking for an Engineering Manager to join our growing team. The engineering team is building a subscription e-commerce platform from the ground up to support hundreds of thousands of orders being shipped out each day. We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to partner with our Head of Engineering to provide development, coaching, and mentorship to our team; refine processes and help with stakeholder management.
The main priority of the Engineering Manager will be to support the team to deliver outstanding output and to continuously seek ways to have a positive impact on the engineering team and the business as a whole. This person will conduct performance reviews and act as the escalation level for any team-related problems.
On a day-to-day basis, this person will partner closely with Product Managers and Engineers to shape the product and improve processes while removing roadblocks and uncertainty.
- Support a team of 5-8 engineers with a focus on mentorship, coaching and personal development
- Grow and develop a team of hardworking and motivated engineers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact
- Foster an inclusive, respectful, and effective team dynamic
- Develop a healthy and collaborative culture that is true to The Farmer’s Dog’s values
- Enable the team to deliver outstanding output
- Participate in system design and architecture conversations
- Represent the team in high-level, cross-disciplinary stakeholder and roadmapping discussions
- Advocate for the team and remove obstacles
- 6+ years of total software engineering experience
- 3+ years of recent engineering management experience
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science
- Experience architecting for high-scalability and availability
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (complete with free-roaming friendly dogs)
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Fresh breakfast, snacks and coffee for the humans
- Strict daily belly rub quota