WHO WE ARE
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series B and are backed by early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
WHAT’S THE ROLE?
You will have accountability for the Nashville Headquarter’s P/L and will be responsible for scaling and developing the Customer Service frontlines. With your leadership, the Customer Service team will continue to meet or exceed both team and individual goals in a highly productive and engaged environment. This role reports to the Sr. Manager, Customer Experience.
- Lead and manage a team of 100+ CX team members, including three high-performing operational supervisors, as we scale with and support The Farmer’s Dog company and our customers
- Manage your people resources to maximize productivity, workflow, inbox coverage and customer engagement.
- Track, analyze, and report performance data (i.e. SLAs, KPIs, CSAT); create structure and process to analyze customer contact data and use that information to drive improvements to the overall team performance & growth.
- Keep pulse on all customer support contact channels to ensure that they are properly staffed and constantly evaluate what new channels may be needed to meet ever-increasing customer demands
- Stand up reporting, dashboards and regular status updates on team performance and efficiency, using data to drive action plans, address gaps and celebrate wins
- Enforce our people policies & ensure accurate and timely processing of employee paperwork (including but not limited to payroll & time/attendance, employee changes & employee discipline).
- Work closely with Recruiting Team and HR to strategize and build a world-class talent pool; Manage Hiring Specialist and oversee hiring pipeline for CX team in Nashville
- 10 years of senior strategic operating experience in a fast-growth environment
- Experienced in leading, resourcing, and building large-scale teams in the field - experience managing hourly/non-exempt workers in operations or service teams preferred
- Entrepreneurial spirit or previous experience in early startups. You think outside of the box and are resourceful and fiscally responsible
- Personal passion for community motivated to inspire others by a deep connection to The Farmer Dog’s mission and core values
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Nashville
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Fresh breakfast, snacks and coffee for the humans
- Strict daily belly rub quota