WHO WE ARE
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series B and are backed by early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
The Farmer’s Dog is looking for a software engineer to help build out our subscription, e-commerce platform from the ground up to support our numerous personalized orders shipping out each week. As our monolith Node.js application matures, we’re breaking away services one-by-one. There are currently about half a Dockerized services in addition to our main application.
Some of the things you could be working on:
- Re-architecting an automated billing and shipping label acquisition services to support hundreds of thousands of orders
- Migrating to TypeScript and GraphQL
- Scaling third-party services for taxes, payment and shipping (think MQs, dedicated workers, etc.)
- Launching new products, markets and verticals
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience working as a software engineer with a demonstrated ability to build & ship production services
- We take pride in writing software the right way. That means peer reviews, ample time to refactor code, and write tests
- Play nicely with others (humans and dogs)
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (complete with free-roaming friendly dogs)
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Fresh breakfast, snacks and coffee for the humans
- Strict daily belly rub quota