The Farmer’s Dog is a leading tech-enabled pet health brand, on a mission to disrupt the $75B global pet food industry. The company is VC-backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
In an industry with little regulation, constant recalls, and rampant misleading advertising, The Farmer’s Dog brings a fresh perspective grounded in quality, transparency, and personalization. Through a combination of proprietary technology and a lot of heart, we’re completely reimagining what pet food is and how it’s made and delivered. Our recipes are designed in partnership with vets, freshly-cooked to USDA standards using human-grade ingredients, and sent to customers through customized subscription meal plans. Since cooking and delivering their first batch of food from a cramped Brooklyn kitchen in 2014, The Farmer’s Dog has fed millions of fresh, healthy meals to dogs nationwide.
The company was launched after Brett’s battle to cure the stomach issues of his Rottweiler, Jada. He quickly realized just how broken the commercial pet food industry was - even the “organic” and “natural” varieties proved to be heavily processed - and it was only when his vet recommended a fresh, home-cooked diet that Jada began to improve and was eventually cured. Having witnessed first-hand the power of fresh food, he teamed up with Jonathan to rethink the industry from the ground-up and create the product they wished had existed for their own dogs (and dogs everywhere).
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Only “dream job” applicants, please. #mustlovedogs
- Determine optimal creative roster to address the full spectrum of The Farmer’s Dog current and future creative development needs
- Stay on top of creative trends and tools/solutions and determine implications for our work
- Develop repeatable, scalable processes for how different types of creative work gets briefed, made, and disseminated to the right teams internally and externally
- Manage workflows of individual creative projects, eventually building out a team to handle day-to-day creative development needs
- Work collaboratively with teams across the organization - from Operations to Engineering - to understand and address creative needs
- Partner with Senior Director of Brand to foster an internal culture of brand-led creativity and ideas while still ensuring aggressive growth and performance goals are met
- Passionate about creativity, design, and brands -- and also execution and efficiency!
- A clear, responsive communicator, verbally and in writing
- Well-connected in the creative community, and perpetually curious about seeking out new and better talent and solutions
- Adaptable to different working styles, mindsets, and personalities, showcasing a willingness to collaborate with all
- Excited about exploring and implementing new models of creative development, production, and ways of working
- Attentive to detail with high standards of quality and performance while maintaining an (authentically) friendly, positive attitude
- A strong negotiator who will fight for a great deal, but who also appreciates the intangible value of great creative work and is mindful of long-term relationships
- Comfortable using -- and proactively asking for -- data to inform decisions and executions
- Incredibly organized and masterfully manage your own, and others’, time
- Flexible and open-minded, but also have strong convictions and a POV that you can clearly communicate and defend
- A DOG PERSON (who’s good at herding cats) -- even if you don’t have either!
Health, dental, avocado toast, puppies