The Farmer’s Dog is the leading tech-enabled pet health brand on a mission to disrupt the $90b global pet food industry. The company is VC backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
In an industry with little regulation, constant recalls, and rampant misleading advertising, The Farmer’s Dog brings a fresh perspective that all dog lovers have been waiting for. Utilizing its proprietary technology, The Farmer’s Dog’s first service reimagines pet food by making healthy, fresh food incredibly easy to feed. Vet-developed subscriptions are personalized to each customer, while fresh, human-grade food is pre-portioned for each dog and home-delivered within days of cooking. The service has delivered millions of meals and is quickly revolutionizing the broken pet food industry.
The company was launched after Brett’s battle to cure his dog’s stomach issues illustrated how processed and un-healthy even “organic” and “natural” pet food truly was. After testing every pet food on the market without success, Brett resorted to a fresh, home-cooked diet at his vet’s recommendation. The results were staggering — Jada was cured. Once he realized how powerful and healthy fresh food can be, he teamed up with Jonathan to develop a fresh alternative to pet food and created the product they wished existed for their own dogs (and dogs everywhere).
Join The Farmer’s Dog team on its mission to bring peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and fundamentally change the way people think about caring for their pets.
Only “dream job” applicants, please. #mustlovedogs
- Build out a world-class finance team with full ownership of our P&L, financial planning, reporting, and Board of Directors coordination
- Provide high-level counsel to the CEO on all matters with a focus on scaling the business in a healthy and sustainable fashion
- Manage the company’s financial health and runway, including planning for future financing as needed
- Own all forecasting including financial modeling, reporting and accounting, while implementing consistent improvement mechanisms to make planning a competitive advantage
- Oversee the execution of core finance processes (ie. day-to-day financial operations, weekly monitoring, monthly close, monthly and quarterly reviews, monthly forecast, annual budget, etc.)
- Implement the necessary controls and systems to build the financial infrastructure ahead of rapid growth
- Work cross-functionally with Operations and Growth functions to assist in forecasting for inventory management, expansion, marketing spend, margin analyses, and high level ROI decisions
- Cultivate a culture of fast-paced, but responsible growth and spending among the company
- 6+ years managing the finance team at a in a high-growth, e-commerce company
- Experience managing the following functions and capabilities: Finance & Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Business Operations, Internal and External Auditors, Compliance, and Financial Strategy
- A passion for goal-setting and an understanding of how all financial decisions impact the overall health of the company
- Ability to recruit and build a team of high-impact employees who are passionate about enabling the growth of the company through sustainable financial decisions
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to liaise with all aspects of the business
- Passion for disrupting a broken industry and creating a trustworthy brand for pets across the world
Health, dental, avocado toast, puppies.