WHO WE ARE
Our mission is simple: Help every dog live their best life. The Farmer’s Dog is reimagining what pet food is, how it’s made, and how it’s delivered. We recently raised the largest series B of any pet-related startup and are backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
Our company was launched after our Co-founder, Brett’s, battle to cure the stomach issues of his Rottweiler, Jada. He quickly realized just how broken the commercial pet food industry was - even the “organic” and “natural” varieties proved to be heavily processed - and it was only when his vet recommended a fresh, home-cooked diet that Jada began to improve and was eventually cured. Through a combination of proprietary technology, and a lot of heart, our direct-to-consumer service was born.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Only “dream job” applicants, please. #mustlovedogs
WHAT’S THE ROLE?
The Farmer's Dog is hiring an experienced Director of People to drive our company-wide growth and cultivate an authentic, inclusive, and happy team. The ideal candidate will have experience scaling organizational structure, working closely with their executive counterparts, and creating an environment where employees (dogs included) feel at home.
- Partner with leadership on organizational design, growth initiatives, workforce planning, employee relations/engagement, and maintaining our culture as we scale the business
- Build the foundation for the HR function, assess and identify areas of opportunity for the business to scale
- Willing to execute and direct -- as we continue to build our organization this person will be required to execute projects alongside their team while strategically delegating tasks to achieve larger long-term goals
- Build and manage a team of HR staff to help execute all people related initiatives
- Oversee the Talent Acquisition growth projections and implementation strategy
- Act as an advocate for all employees of the company and ensure our team feels supported both professionally and personally (dogs too!)
- 7+ years of applicable HR experience, ideally taking organizations from tens to hundreds of employees
- 2+ years experience in a people-management capacity
- Superior knowledge of HR functions including but not limited to: compensation, benefits, career development, and organizational structure
- Expertise in policies related to New York and U.S. HR laws
- Must: play nicely with others (Prefers dogs to other species)
PERKS & BENEFITS
- DOGS EVERYWHERE!
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village
- Discount on TFD food for your pup!
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental and Vision
- Unlimited vacation & sick days
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Team outings, coffee always brewed fresh, and a strong snack game