The Farmer’s Dog is the leading tech-enabled pet health brand on a mission to disrupt the $90b global pet food industry. The company is VC backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
In an industry with little regulation, constant recalls, and rampant misleading advertising, The Farmer’s Dog brings a fresh perspective that all dog lovers have been waiting for. Utilizing its proprietary technology, The Farmer’s Dog’s first service reimagines pet food by making healthy, fresh food incredibly easy to feed. Vet-developed subscriptions are personalized to each customer, while fresh, human-grade food is pre-portioned for each dog and home-delivered within days of cooking. The service has delivered millions of meals and is quickly revolutionizing the broken pet food industry.
The company was launched after Brett’s battle to cure his dog’s stomach issues illustrated how processed and un-healthy even “organic” and “natural” pet food truly was. After testing every pet food on the market without success, Brett resorted to a fresh, home-cooked diet at his vet’s recommendation. The results were staggering — Jada was cured. Once he realized how powerful and healthy fresh food can be, he teamed up with Jonathan to develop a fresh alternative to pet food and created the product they wished existed for their own dogs (and dogs everywhere).
Join The Farmer’s Dog team on its mission to bring peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and fundamentally change the way people think about caring for their pets.
Only “dream job” applicants, please. #mustlovedogs
- Own the entire HR process related to forecasting, hiring and retaining top talent
- Work closely with the leadership team to assess human capital needs and develop a plan to meet the demand
- Continue to define and market our employee brand to continue to catalyze our hiring process
- Leverage tools to empower the hiring function and align all stakeholders involved
- Be the driving force around processes related to organizational changes, compensation, performance management, and the rollout out of HR programs
- Streamline the interview process to continue to make us more objective and efficient
- Develop onboarding strategies to help set up new hires for success from day 1
- Focus on continuing to improve our hiring practices to bring on employees from diverse backgrounds
- Be a role model employee, who always embodies our culture and values
- 4-7 years of applicable HR experience in high growth environments, ideally taking organizations from tens to hundreds of employees
- 2+ years experience as a manager within an HR function
- A proven record of recruiting and maintaining top talent
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and EQ
- Superior knowledge of HR functions including but not limited to compensation, benefits, career development,
- Expertise in policy related to New York and U.S. HR laws
- Must: play nicely with others (humans and dogs). Prefer dogs to other species.
Health, dental, avocado toast, puppies.