Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
- Oversees the day-to-day security operations of the Research Triangle Park office including monitoring camera and access control systems, organizing and coordinating facilities operations, staff supervision, and emergency response.
- Create/maintain cardholder profiles, badges, and access levels. Manage the personnel clearance program and physical security programs within all Tempus facilities.
- Perform security system audits as required including following up on employee terminations and subsequent recovery of assigned company assets.
- Participates in regular staff training sessions to ensure ongoing awareness and understanding of safety and security principles such as new hire orientation, active shooter, CPR, First Aid, etc.
- Respond to emergency situations including, but not limited to, safety hazards, fires, medical emergencies and threats to life and/or property.
- Collaborate with multiple departments to ensure that the entire organization is following our Security Policies & Procedures so that we continue to have passing audits.
- Stays informed about emerging privacy and security risks, industry trends, and best practices, and makes recommendations to enhance the organization's safety and security efforts.
- Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in the department and in the company as a whole.
- Use OSINT tools and platforms to adequately monitor the threat environment and detect possible threats to Tempus and its assets.
- Ability to work events, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Hours are Tuesday-Friday 3pm-11pm; Saturday 9am-5pm
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years physical security/access control/project management experience including badging, access control, and the monitoring of IP based cameras. Ensure that people, property, protected information, and sensitive equipment are safe and secure during daily operations.
- Demonstrated organization, facilitation, written and oral communication, and presentation skills.
- First responder/CPR certified.
- Experience working with IP video and Security access systems such as HID, Brivo, Avigilon, Honeywell, etc.
- Knowledge of Slack and the Google Workspace including Gmail, Calendar, Meet, Chat, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, Sites, and more.
- Extraordinary communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service-oriented mindset. Ability to always provide great customer service to employees, visitors and business partners.
- Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills, able to monitor work for quality as well as organized and thorough way of working.
- True team player attitude with the ability to multitask. Must be able to work under time constraints, accomplish tasks with limited supervision, and respond to short-notice assignments.
- Must be able to provide expertise, advice, training, and assistance on all security programs.
- Proven problem-solving skills, including being able to identify issues and find suitable and creative solutions in a timely manner.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.