At Tekion, we're building the only cloud-native platform that is transforming the automotive retail industry, leapfrogging it into the future and providing unparalleled customer experience. We're creating seamlessly integrated, elegant, and intuitive solutions built with cutting edge technology and powered by Big Data, Machine Learning (ML)/ AI and Internet of Things (Connected vehicle to connected devices). We’re harnessing passion, entrepreneurial spirit, deep industry expertise and the latest technologies to create something very special. We're inventing new technology along the way to overcome barriers and solve big problems, all while having a blast doing it!
IT Helpdesk Engineer
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting firewall, router, switch and access point problems at local and remote offices.
- Install, maintain and upgrade equipment and its associated infrastructure.
- Provides network and host based security, incident response, firewall and VPN management and administration
- Provide existing support for laptops (Mac and Windows) and applications
- Manage projects and maintenance tasks working ticketing system
- Monitors Network for usage anticipate and identify problems suggest solutions
- Implement the necessary controls and procedures to protect information systems
- Work with 3rd party vendors and providers with support
- Ensure that system is resilient and can recover from outage
- Provide end user desktop support for Mac and Windows laptops
- Perform other tasks as requested by manager
- Ability to work in 24/7 shifts
- Knowledge in MDM administration
- Knowledge in Identity Provider administration and management such as Okta, OneLogin, Active Directory
- Knowledgeable in application transport and network infrastructure protocols (SSL/TLS, DNS, DHCP, WINS, NTP, HTTP, SMTP, CIFS, LDAP, and MS AD) and possess an understanding of how to support these applications /protocols when access through VPN and Firewall appliances
- Hands on experience working with VPN technologies
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
- Documents, tracks and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Expert-level skills with Windows and Mac OS
- Experience or knowledge of Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, etc)
- Ability to learn quickly new or unfamiliar technologies and products, independently using documentation and online resources
Other Essential Skills:
- Interpersonal and communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences located in different geographical regions (USA and India)
- Ability to visualize, articulate, conceptualize or solve both complex and uncomplicated problems by making decisions that are sensible given the available information
- Enjoys helping people
- Shows initiative and is motivated to undertake projects, research, and development opportunities on their own
- (3-7 Yrs) years of Helpdesk Support or IT related experience
Tekion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.