Redesign Health is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer – we recruit, train, compensate and promote our team members based on qualifications. We know how important it is not only to include, but to actively seek out a diversity of opinions and voices.
We want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Redesign Health is a healthcare innovation platform. We bring together entrepreneurs, industry experts, and investors to launch companies that transform the healthcare system and empower people to live their healthiest lives. Our companies include Calibrate, Lively, Vault Health and Jasper. We’re capitalized with permanent capital from world-class institutional investors and entrepreneurs.
About The Opportunity
As CEO of Topaz, you will build and launch a new business focused on the behavioral health needs of seniors. In the midst of a broader mental health crisis, the behavioral health needs of older adults are significant and tragically overlooked. The lack of adequate behavioral health care for older adults results in preventable medical spend and dissatisfied health plan members. Topaz is an integrated behavioral healthcare platform that delivers senior-oriented diagnostics and treatment programs. The business coordinates a team-based, evidence-based treatment program designed to meet the unique needs of older adults, improving patient experience and outcomes. Additionally, we are partnering with a reputable health plan with highly-rated Medicare Advantage plans to build Topaz and launch a pilot for thousands of Medicare Advantage members!
What you’ll do:
- Set the vision for the company and define the overall strategy from launch to scale.
- Structure a thoughtful, quality-focused, and operational organizational hiring plan and recruit, retain, and develop world-class talent against that plan.
- Drive strategy and decision making across all functional areas, including product, marketing & content, operations, and finance.
- Determine the highest order KPIs and build the plan and team to measure, monitor and improve them.
- Lead all fundraising activities to support growth objectives in partnership with Redesign Health.
- Drive operations, including full P&L and cash flow management.
- Regularly partner and communicate with your Venture Chair, Redesign Health and relevant investors or Board of Directors.
- Build out the product and technical vision, the execution framework and the team in close collaboration with the key product and engineering leaders hired.
- Explore a variety of patient engagement strategies to determine cost-efficient, timely patient acquisition methods that drive best-in-class patient engagement and retention rates.
- Achieve the necessary regulatory and data security requirements to satisfy co-development partner, State, and Federal regulations.
- Contract with our co-development partner’s health plan for Topaz services and establish value-based reimbursement pathways that appropriately tie Topaz revenue to outcomes.
- Build brand identity.
- Create and sustain a great company culture consisting of clearly articulated values and inspired leadership.
What you’ll need:
- 12+ years experience, with progressively more senior roles including a CPO, GM or CEO.
- 5+ years building/operating care delivery products, preferably with a focus on older adults and/or complex patients
- 3+ years of experience partnering with, selling into, or operating in the Medicare Advantage space.
- 3+ years experience designing and implementing patient engagement strategies and/or clinical process improvements.
- Proven track record of building successful, high-growth businesses from the ground up.
- Track record of success: Demonstration of intellectual curiosity, extreme levels of accountability, and an ability to be incredibly decisive.
- Ability to Fundraise.
- Experience selling into payers: understands the sales cycle, motivations and goals of relevant stakeholders, and has a rolodex of MA plan leaders.
- Seller mindset: A distinct view of being the "seller" and the face of the business, comfort pitching the business, and the ability to distill the value proposition into an easily understood story.
- Behavioral Competencies
- Action Orientation. Readily takes action on challenges, without unnecessary planning. Identifies and seizes new opportunities. Displays a can-do attitude in good and bad times. Steps up to handle tough issues. Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Resiliency. Is confident under pressure. Handles and manages crises effectively. Maintains a positive attitude despite adversity. Bounces back from setbacks. Grows from hardships and negative experiences. Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Drives Vision and Purpose. Talks about future possibilities in a positive way. Creates milestones and symbols to rally support behind the vision. Articulates the vision in a way everyone can relate to. Creates organization-wide energy and optimism for the future. Shows personal commitment to the vision. Painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others into action.
- Drives Results. Has a strong bottom-line orientation. Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. Has a track record of exceeding goals successfully. Pushes self and helps others achieve results. Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Financial Acumen. Understands the meaning and implications of key financial indicators. Uses financial analysis and tools to generate, evaluate, and act on strategic options and opportunities.