Redesign Health is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer – we recruit, train, compensate and promote our team members based on qualifications. We know how important it is not only to include, but to actively seek out a diversity of opinions and voices.
We want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Redesign Health is a healthcare innovation platform. We bring together entrepreneurs, industry experts, and investors to launch companies that transform the healthcare system and empower people to live their healthiest lives. Our companies include Calibrate, Lively, Vault Health and Jasper. We’re capitalized with permanent capital from world-class institutional investors and entrepreneurs.
At Redesign Health, we’ve unlocked healthcare innovation at scale, and a key aspect of progress toward our mission of redesigning health for everyone is understanding the impact the companies we create have on the healthcare industry and the people who use it.
That means that as an organization we’re focused on specific areas of impact within healthcare. Those are: increasing access to care, increasing the quality of care provided, removing cost from the healthcare system and improving healthcare equity.
These four pillars shape everything we do, and every company idea that receives funding at Redesign Health must demonstrate that it has the potential to improve one or more of the above criteria without negatively impacting any of the others.
“Cypress” was created to improve access to quality and comprehensive allergy care, as over 100 million children and adults in the US have allergies with fewer than 5,000 allergists nationwide. We are developing a new allergy care model that enables patients to be diagnosed, managed and treated by their trusted primary care providers - while increasing the revenue to the provider practice. We believe this commitment to delivering local and timely access to allergy care is critical to improving the quality of life for millions of allergy patients.
About the job
Allergy prevalence has grown significantly over the past few decades, resulting in primary care providers managing a larger population of allergy patients - without the resources and specialist training to do so.
Cypress partners with pediatricians and primary care providers to empower allergy care services, diagnostics, and immunotherapy within the convenience of their offices - improving key access gaps for millions of patients with environmental allergies, food allergies and asthma. Cypress acts as a virtual extension of the practice with a team of clinical providers, including Board certified allergists and registered dieticians.
Cypress will equip practices with the operational expertise, training, technology, and clinical services to enable allergy diagnosis and treatment. This will allow our partner providers to efficiently and profitably achieve superior clinical outcomes while reducing their back-office challenges, ultimately empowering quality care and sustained clinic growth.
As the CEO and Founder of Cypress, you will launch and grow the business with the mission of enabling primary care providers to provide timely diagnostics and treatments while thriving in today’s demanding practice environment.
What you’ll do:
- Set the vision for the company, defining the platform’s approach from launch to scale.
- Structure a thoughtful organizational hiring plan, recruiting, retaining, and developing world-class talent.
- Drive strategy and decision making across all functional areas, including product, marketing & content, operations, partnerships, and finance.
- Determine the highest order KPIs, building the operating plan and team to measure, monitor, and improve them.
- Coalesce patient needs, provider workflows, and areas of high clinical value, defining go-to-market, commercial, operational and product strategy.
- Craft the business’ partnership approach with primary care providers while developing a pipeline of potential customers across physician groups and provider networks.
- Develop strategic relationships with leading stakeholders across the allergy care value chain, including suppliers of antigens and immunotherapies, compounding pharmacies and other treatment modalities.
- Lead all fundraising activities to support growth objectives in partnership with RH.
- Drive operations, including full P&L and cash flow management.
- Regularly partner and communicate with your Venture Chair, Redesign Health and relevant investors or Board of Directors.
- Build out the product and technical vision, the execution framework and the team in close collaboration with the key product and engineering leaders hired.
- Create and sustain a great company culture with articulated values, providing inspired leadership that enables a great working relationship across all levels.
What you’ll need:
- 10+ years of experience in a leadership role, most recently executive-level (CEO/GM/BD) in a fast-paced organization
- 5+ years of experience launching new markets and supporting a fast-growing company’s expansion
- 5+ years of experience in physician services - partnering with and selling to doctors, understanding the physician mindset, and driving operational improvements.
- Experience with clinical supply chain operations preferred
- Experience building and managing tech-enabled clinical services
- Ability to affect practice-level value creation across marketing, operations, technology (including revenue cycle), payor contracting, and staff management.
- Significant Domain Expertise: An understanding of the drivers, pain points, and opportunities within the Allergy space.
- Customer Orientation: Demonstrated understanding of end users or customers, adept at hypothesizing, testing, and iterating – recognizing that product-market fit is often hard-fought.
- Driven Growth and Generated Value with Limited Resources: 3+ years building something from 0-1. Built and grown a company or business line from the ground up with limited capital and resources, and ultimately reached a favorable outcome.
- Financial Accountability: Owned a P&L with responsibility for delivering against gross margins, unit economics, and day-to-day financial performance while adeptly conserving a limited cash runway.
- Radical Accountability: Relentless in achieving results (e.g. product-market fit, customer acquisition, fundraising), demonstrates an ability to experiment and show resilience until solving a problem, and invest those around them in being similarly tenacious.
- Growth Mindset: Confident in your convictions and committed to constant improvement, recognizing that proactively seeking out and acting on feedback from all stakeholders – including your own teams – enables success.
- Strategic Communication: Strong situational awareness, and know how to leverage your gravitas and dynamic storytelling to inspire investors, sell to customers effectively, and compel top candidates to work with you.
You will work out of one of the following locations:
- In-office: New York, NY
- Remote: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming