All roles listed as ‘remote’ are considered remote within the same country. Your regular workday must start no earlier than 9 AM UK and no later than 9 AM US/Eastern. Please note, you must not have any working restrictions in the country where this job is located. Check out our Flexwork policy for more information
Location: This role is also open to remote work from Canada, UK, or the US.
We’re looking for an experienced and empathetic leader within our Extensibility group to hire and grow our engineers, help shape our vision, and foster a generative culture that delivers high business value in thoughtful increments.
The work ahead of our group is significant and exciting. We guide and enable the entire R&D organization to move our current bespoke API into both OpenAPI 3.1 and GraphQL. We’re leveraging an Envoy-based API Gateway, facilitating service extraction from our central monolith, shaping a new integration model, and integrating all of this and more with some of the biggest names in the developer tool industry.
You know how to inspire a team to align on a purpose and deliver their best work. You’ll use that knowledge at Snyk to make it ridiculously easy for developers to build a safer world. And in our Extensibility group, you’ll invite partners and customers to help make Snyk’s capabilities ubiquitous.
Your daily tasks
- Hire and grow a high-performing, diverse team that is ridiculously easy to work with
- Support right-sized project organization
- Act as a servant leader to unblock your team’s work
- Collaborate to build and align a team vision
- Connect our work and our people to our customers and the business
- Model competence, compassion, confidence, humility, growth, and teamwork
- Review proposals, plans, code, user experiences, and communication to give feedback that celebrates incremental delivery of value, embraces experimentation and intelligent failures, and drives continuous improvement
You should apply if you
- love growing teams and people who build ambitious and highly technical projects in a cloud-native environment, and have demonstrated success in it
- have demonstrated success in connecting development teams to a business, a mission, and internal and external customers
- have experience giving tough, productive feedback with compassion, honesty, and skill
- are principled, flexible, and optimistic
- have experience with the architectural and operational needs of distributed systems at scale
- bring enough alignment and organization to illuminate challenges, set expectations, make good plans, continuously improve, and enable a team to row in the same direction
- embrace enough chaos, slack, and autonomy to foster innovation, experimentation, resilience, situational awareness and improvisation, and just-in-time support for customers and colleagues
We’d especially love to hear from you if you
- have experience building REST, gRPC, and/or GraphQL APIs
- have experience with Kubernetes, Envoy, and/or Gloo
- know Node and/or Go
- have built partner integrations, identity systems, or other platform systems
- have led teams through the organizational and technical challenges of hyperscale growth
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyk is the leader in developer security. We empower the world's developers to build secure applications and equip security teams to meet the demands of the digital world. Our developer-first approach ensures organizations can secure all of the critical components of their applications from code to cloud, leading to increased developer productivity, revenue growth, customer satisfaction, cost savings and an overall improved security posture.
At Snyk, we envision an inclusive technology industry powering a more sustainable and secure world. Since our founding, Snykers have cared deeply for one another and the developer and security communities as well as the larger world around us. Learn more about our Snyk Impact social and environmental mission and take action with us here.
Snyk's Developer Security Platform automatically integrates with a developer's workflow and is purpose-built for security teams to collaborate with their development teams. Snyk is used by 1,200 customers worldwide today, including industry leaders such as Asurion, Google, Intuit, MongoDB, New Relic, Revolut and Salesforce.