Smarkets is a global technology company based in London, with offices in Malta and Los Angeles. We are one of the world's largest betting exchanges (also known as a prediction market) with significantly better odds than the competition for secure and transparent trading on sporting, political, and current affairs events. Our platform has handled over £3 billion of bets since launching in 2010, allowing us to become one of the most profitable companies per employee in Europe. Our strengths are technology and trading with a passion to push the known boundaries of a real-time financial technology.
Our mission is to disrupt one of the oldest industries in the world by rethinking the method and model of the betting business. We think traditional sports betting rips off bettors, taking up to a 15% margin on bets. We offer the industry's lowest margin of around 2%. We can and will do better.
We have been listed as one of 10 European startups to watch by the Wall Street Journal. Other awards received this year include second-placed ranking in this year's Sunday Times Tech Track 100 as well as winning the fintech sector and coming fourth in Deloitte's Fast 50 ranking of high-growth technology companies. We have been also named the 25th fastest-growing company in Europe in the inaugural FT1000 ranking.
Impact of the Role
Smarkets is searching to find a performance marketing expert with the skills and drive to help us grow the company materially every day. This individual will expand Smarkets’ customer base by developing and executing bold and effective campaigns and initiatives that leverage existing partners and resources across a variety of channels to reach current and potential customers.
- Identify, review, and test new and emerging acquisition channels to expand our reach and grow our user base
- Urgently increase user acquisition by executing and optimizing key marketing channels (SEO, AdWords, Social, display, retargeting)
- Plan, execute, and manage CRM campaigns to drive customer retention
- Work closely with internal marketing, design, and product teams, as well as with external partners, to support the delivery of an integrated digital strategy
- Define new ways of improving the efficiency and relevancy of our channels (landing pages, products, tracking, attribution, partner tools)
- Optimise traffic levers to deliver higher quality and quantity of relevant traffic
- Dig into the data, understand our users’ behaviours, propose bold ideas to identified problems, implement solutions, and measure the outcomes
- We are a technology-led company. Work closely with engineers across all teams to ensure that we collect all the necessary data and insights for analysis, reflection, and future invention
- A deep desire to influence the performance marketing success of a technology-led company, and the ability to articulate what you see in Smarkets that will enable your personal goals
- Solid knowledge of key acquisition channels, including SEO, PPC, social media, display and retargeting; experience with implementing tags in GTM
- A highly analytical approach, with advanced expertise in Excel and analytics platforms like Google Analytics and Tag Manager
- The ability and passion to both report the data and create engaging stories to illuminate findings and insights
- Have a strong understanding of growth metrics, including the AARRR funnel
- The personal drive to be a key voice in understanding where the growth is coming from and how it’s scaled. You use numbers to prioritise and measure impact and are comfortable exploring data, making discoveries and understanding their implications
- Strong problem solver who has the ability to logically analyse complex requirements, processes, systems, and creatively solve challenging business/technology problems
- Ability to read and write custom SQL queries is preferable, but not essential
- An evolving, progressive, non-hierarchical self-management structure (similar to Valve)
- Flexible approach to holidays
- Flexible work environment
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner prepared by a team of excellent in-house chefs
- Drinks, parties, and events on a regular basis
- Central London office
Your salary will be determined by peer review and it is dependent upon experience. Compensation includes stock options, and other benefits for qualified candidates.
Please note that we are unable to sponsor a residency/employment visa for this position.
We transfer and store the information you submit to help us process your application and to make our hiring process better. We also make use of third-party hiring tools to help us process applications. As we are based in both Europe and the United States, your data may leave the European Economic Area when we process it. Please only submit your application if you are happy for us to use your information in this way.