Who are we?
Smarkets is a betting exchange for sports and political trading that has handled over £29 billion in volume since 2010. Our company mission is to fix the betting industry with the best products and best prices. We are upending the sports betting industry by growing a transparent platform that offers the best value for bettors, with the fairest odds, best technology and a superior customer experience.
Smarkets is a Series B tech company that brings a professional, product-led approach to our mission. We embrace collaboration, trust, innovation and scientific rigour, while we celebrate ambitious goals and passionate energy. Our culture rewards people on merit and excellence and we strive to provide a working environment where recognition, challenges, support, collaboration, interesting benefits and shared meals provided by our chefs mix together to let you unlock your potential, grow with us and become your best self.
Join our team and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our betting trading technology landscape.
Role expectations and responsibilities
We are a tight-knit team of passionate engineers who value continuous self-improvement and collaboration. If you're looking to kickstart your career as a Software Engineer and share our enthusiasm for sports and technology, we'd love to have you on board.
- Collaborate with our team of experienced engineers on software development projects.
- Write clean, efficient, well-tested and maintainable code.
- Learn and grow by actively participating in code reviews and seeking mentorship.
- Contribute to the design and development of cutting-edge betting platforms and tools.
- Embrace new challenges and proactively seek solutions to technical problems.
- Familiarity with at least one compiled language(C/C++, Rust, Go, Java)
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms is a bonus
- Passion for technology and a desire to continuously improve your skills.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills.
- You must have already graduated (2022 or 2023 graduate.)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
Benefits and Values
We offer a competitive salary package and benefits, along with a dynamic and collaborative work environment. Our values are at the heart of everything that we do which include; push to win, make others better, give a shit, be a pro and bring the energy. We believe these are the fundamentals to ensure we are delivering what’s expected of us in the best way possible for ourselves and for those around us. Your work with us will make an impact and your voice will be heard. We are a diverse team with a strong work ethic and plenty of hunger to win. We have designed our benefits offering around Health, Wealth, Lifestyle and Development. These include:
- Stock options which vests over 4 years
- Pension scheme - An impressive pension scheme via Aviva. We will match 6% if you choose the same
- Health insurance
- Fresh fruit and snacks provided in the office everyday! (tea, coffee, soft drinks also included)
- We’re a member of a cycle to work scheme
- We want to continue to invest in all our employees and do so by providing a £1000 yearly education budget that can be used on courses, conferences, books or training
- 25 days paid holiday + bank holidays to enjoy - you have the choice to carry over 5 days to the next year!
- Flexible working - we want to provide a hybrid model approach to working and provide you with 2 days a week working from home.
- 20 days a year of globally working - we provide the ability to work from anywhere in the world for up to 20 days a year.
- We will provide you lunch everyday in the office - you don’t need to worry about feeding your belly as we have it sorted with top quality food served by our in-house Chef Alex!